Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone know the deal with PureJeep?

Old 12-05-2007, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a little concerned about PureJeep also. I ordered their cold air intake through Quadratec almost a month ago. Quadratec can't seem to give me a status report, and PureJeep (FullTraction) won't answer my emails.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:07 PM
JK Junkie

PJ has 5 distributors that I know of. I called all 5 and 4 laughed when I asked about the rear bumper. They all told me they have been on order since April and they had no clue when they would have them.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:14 PM
JK Jedi Master

maybe you should call them back, Since eddie just posted pictures of bumpers being built.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm just past 2 months waiting on my PJ stubby front bumper and a month and a half waiting on my PJ cold air intake. Wouldn't mind the wait except for -

A) I paid at the time of order so the money is tied up into something I don't even have.

B) I can't even think about ordering anything else until a couple of months after I've received the bumper and CAI. My wife doesn't care that they have been paid for months ago - she instead thinks in terms of what arrives in the mail (or by UPS, etc.). As far as she is concerned, these items will be "new" once they've arrived and I should be satisfied for awhile from that point on. If I'd received the bumper a week or two after ordering it then I could be looking forward to ordering a rear bumper some time around Christmas (according to the wife logic above). Now it may be spring before I am able to order any more aftermarket accessories.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:32 PM
JK Junkie

When I placed an order with David from Northridge for my discos last week he said he did not have any PJ rear(don't know about front) bumpers and said it was a two or three week wait directly shipped from PJ on the rear bumper. So has anyone received a PJ rear bumper???? I need one too.

when i ordered my PJ front bumper I got it right away.

Last edited by fish; 12-05-2007 at 07:37 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:35 PM
JK Jedi Master

give them a call instead of Email. Its hard to tell if emails even reach companys half the time. I'm waiting on the rear too. The quality is worth the wait to me.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have touched and felt these rear bumpers. They are bitchin!!!!! Well worth the wait for them to get this product to the market. IMO they are the most "finished" bumper I have seen. They look like they belong on the JK. I have the front and I could not be more pleased. I also have the Full Traction Ultimate 3" and it too is QUALITY. For those that have put money out, that's the price you pay to get first edition products. IMO but what do I know?
Old 12-05-2007, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
give them a call instead of Email. Its hard to tell if emails even reach companys half the time.
(Rant on)

Man, that is one of my major pet peeves! Why the hell do companies even put an email address on their web site or catalog if they don't intend to answer the email? Really pisses me off!

Isn't PureJeep a Project-JK sponsor? Don't they monitor the discussions here? PureJeep, are you listening?

(Rant off - sorry if I offended anyone. The voices in my head are telling me take my medication - gotta go!)
Old 12-05-2007, 08:52 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NDynamite
I'm a little concerned about PureJeep also. I ordered their cold air intake through Quadratec almost a month ago. Quadratec can't seem to give me a status report, and PureJeep (FullTraction) won't answer my emails.

A couple of months ago, I also tried to order the PJ CAI from Quadratech, after about 2 weeks and no resonse by e-mail on shipping from Quad, I contacted them directly. There were some bracket issues with the Cai at the time that caused them to be backordered. Quad promptly offered the Airaid at the same price and I got it 4 days later. Just gotta talk to the right rep I guess
Old 12-05-2007, 09:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Patience is still a virtue when it comes to JK parts. I waited over 6 months before I got my Smittybilt Front Bumper.

Quick Reply: Anyone know the deal with PureJeep?