Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone have bushwacker flares?

Old 03-28-2007, 04:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
I dont give a shit... If they get scratched oh well...
x2, with cablerep - that's a true Jeeper right there.

I DO care - I have a Sahara, and want all my Jeep $$$ to go into mods, not repairs / repainting. I narrowly avoided some trail pinstriping this weekend, only by frantic steering inputs while doing a diagonal hill descent between a bunch of evergreens... which was a major pain in the ass (but the wife was happy that I didn't "ruin" my Jeep).

I wish that the fender paint was bulletproof or something, so that I didn't have to worry about tearing 'em up... Oh well - that's the price you pay for lookin' pretty. :toung:
Old 03-28-2007, 06:16 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
x2, with cablerep - that's a true Jeeper right there.

I DO care - I have a Sahara, and want all my Jeep $$$ to go into mods, not repairs / repainting. I narrowly avoided some trail pinstriping this weekend, only by frantic steering inputs while doing a diagonal hill descent between a bunch of evergreens... which was a major pain in the ass (but the wife was happy that I didn't "ruin" my Jeep).

I wish that the fender paint was bulletproof or something, so that I didn't have to worry about tearing 'em up... Oh well - that's the price you pay for lookin' pretty. :toung:

Yup. I love my painted flares and i also like my vehicles to look good as well. Scrapes are scars and something to be oddly proud of, but i still want to keep it looking good, so i am torn at the cellular level as to which to subscribe to.

I do know i have about a 10-11" scrape on my passenger side rear fender now.

but that one is from the handlebars on my daughters' bike.
there is a matching dent above it from another daughters' bike bars.
another on the door (same side) from SOMEONE's bike.

I guess i need to either get rid of the kids, or live with the dents & scrapes.

Quick Reply: Anyone have bushwacker flares?