Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone got a spare rear soft top window...wtf?

Old 02-12-2010, 09:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got a spare rear soft top window...wtf?

So I go outside this morning, it was around 34 degrees here and was about to load up the mutts...when I went to put the soft rear window over the top it cracked about a foot long in the center going left to right...my questions are...has anyone had this problem and what is the warranty on the soft top widnows?

Last edited by jdgsxr1000; 02-12-2010 at 09:06 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 02-12-2010, 10:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you're still within the 3/36 Warranty Zone, you MIGHT get it replaced for FREE by your Dealer. I have read where others are experiencing the same problems. Some are getting them replaced under Warranty, and others are being told that the Owner's Manual states NOT to flex the Plastic Windows in the Cold, for that very reason.

It can't hurt to talk with your Dealer!

Best of Luck on the Replacement!

Cheers!

BB
Old 02-12-2010, 11:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Best of luck, but I wouldn't even look at those soft windows when it's below freezing.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't get warrenty, just take the back window to a boat shop and have a heavier plastic window sewn in, usually not very expensive as they are very strait forward
Old 02-13-2010, 02:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mariner that is excellent advice and I would never have thought of that...thanks for the idea but I am hoping the warranty will cover it.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you manage to get it replaced, I'd love to have your old one rather than you throwing it out.

Old 02-13-2010, 05:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jdgsxr1000
So I go outside this morning, it was around 34 degrees here and was about to load up the mutts...when I went to put the soft rear window over the top it cracked about a foot long in the center going left to right...my questions are...has anyone had this problem and what is the warranty on the soft top widnows?
I had the same problem about 2 months ago, and posted it on here. No one else seemed to have had the same problem, and no one thought that it would pass as a warranty claim. Mine split all the way across the middle of the window (horizontally). I took it back to the dealer and showed them. The service manager made a few calls, and replaced the window under warranty, no questions asked. He said, and I quote "it was cold, but it shouldn't have done that".

Take it back to your dealer, and see what they say.

JD
Old 02-13-2010, 06:27 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When it's been setting overnight in freezing temps, that plastic will crack if you screw with it. I learned the hard way on my first CJ. If I have to open mine and it's real cold, I make sure and warm the jk up, heater full blast and it warms the top aswell.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

This one is posted in the classifieds section.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-accessories-misc-parts-115/2010-jk-rear-soft-top-window-fs-118400/
Old 02-14-2010, 12:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mariner
If you don't get warrenty, just take the back window to a boat shop and have a heavier plastic window sewn in, usually not very expensive as they are very strait forward
Great idea! Never thought of doing that

Quick Reply: Anyone got a spare rear soft top window...wtf?