Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone else worried about being decapitated by rollbar

Old 12-07-2006, 02:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This post makes no sense. How? I have to ask. If you don't wear a seat belt you should be more worried about the air bag snapping your neck. And if you are wearing a seat belt how is the roll bar going to cut your head off? It is not going to swing past if your jeep gets hit, and tou will be locked in your seat with your seat belt. Not to mention it is a large hollow pipe. Not to mention all new cars are crash tested over and over.

:confused:
Old 12-07-2006, 04:51 AM
JK Newbie

Simple. I I get hit hard enough from behind, I probably lose the first 2 inches of the back of my head. No big deal. I will just have to keep from getting hit from behind. On a side note, back in 2000 a driver turned in front of me at a stoplight and I hit him going 45 straight on in my 97 TJ and not a scrath. Great seatbelts and airbags, at least in the TJ.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by directedby
This post is a little freaky. Now I have a vision of getting my head cut off in my Jeep.

Thanks a lot....

HE HE HE!!!!!
Old 12-08-2006, 03:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

As long as my dick is not in jeopardy...
Old 12-08-2006, 04:20 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No,

but i am kinda eskeered of spiders.

...and clowns.

... and people who think H3's are offroad vehicles.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 12-08-2006 at 04:23 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cadster
I went by the Jeep dealer again today to try the seat adjustment. And while it felt better, the rollbar is clearly positioned too low for me. Even with the seat all the way down, and moved forward in an uncomfortable and exaggerated fashion, the rollbar still hits my head. What sucks is that the TJ is fine. The lowered interior ceiling for me actually makes the JK seem smaller than the TJ. Final note, I tried an Unlimited to see if somehow it "fit" me different. It didn't. Oh well, my Jeep JK order is now in BX status. Hopefully I will have it by the middle of Jan.
When did you order it??
Old 12-11-2006, 10:06 AM
JK Freak

So I started playing with my seat to try to get in a position where I could approximate your condition. Now bear in mind I'm a dwarf like 6'1" so I can't fully expect to achieve your level of discomfort. I consider myself somewhat evenly proportioned, so I fiigured most of the height difference is in the leg department. So I jammed the seat all the way back & sure enough, my hair will brush the rollbar. But I do have a head rest & I dont see it giving much, as hard as it is. The part I don't get is if I move my seat foward at all, my head just can't touch the rollbar behind me. The one running parallel to the door I would definately whack my head on if someone hit me ont the driver's side. I'm not sure I would own one if I was having the fit issues you describe. I guess you could have a custom cage made with the cross bar further back.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by gtoneill
When did you order it??

Nov 22nd. Hoping for mid Jan. Can't hardly wait.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ya know I sat in one once. It was right after the dealer was showing me the height adjustment so I didn't think much about it. Do the seats recline at all? That is what I have to do in my wife's exploder... seat all the way down and a little recline to it. I measure in @ 6'4"
Old 12-12-2006, 07:39 AM
JK Freak

Yes they recline.

Quick Reply: Anyone else worried about being decapitated by rollbar