Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone else worried about being decapitated by rollbar

Old 12-04-2006, 08:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else worried about being decapitated by rollbar

Subject says it all. I'm 6'6" and the JK rollbar is dangerously low. Never had the problem in my TJ's. Anyone else similiarly concerned.? I have not driven one, but I did sit in one long enough to be more than a little freaked out. Didn't stop me from ordering one (WBI in Jan).
Old 12-04-2006, 10:13 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Just to make sure, you do know that you can control the physical height of the driver seat right? The big handle on the left allows you to raise and lower it accordingly. Did you make sure that it was all the way down?
Old 12-04-2006, 11:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This post is a little freaky. Now I have a vision of getting my head cut off in my Jeep.

Thanks a lot....

Old 12-05-2006, 05:54 AM
JK Freak

I think the seats are on the high side as well. I don't see anyone jacking that seat up unless they are less than 5'6. This probably has the most impact on my daily driving. I love my jeep & still would not trade it for anything short of a full military HUMVEE. On the other hand if I'm the first vehicle at a traffic signal, I have to do a bit of gangsta lean to see the light.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by directedby
This post is a little freaky. Now I have a vision of getting my head cut off in my Jeep.

Thanks a lot....

It's only your head.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:10 PM
JK Newbie

cadster I have been thinking the same thing. I feel like a gaint in the JK and I am about 3" shorter then you. I think they (DC) over compensated for the relatively lower seat height that was in the TJ. I know some guys that put spacers under their TJ seats to get up a little higher. I guess someone needs to make a lowering kit for these! Even with the seat adjusted all the way down my head still brushes the rollbar.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:06 PM
JK Freak

wear a helmet
Old 12-06-2006, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

I went by the Jeep dealer again today to try the seat adjustment. And while it felt better, the rollbar is clearly positioned too low for me. Even with the seat all the way down, and moved forward in an uncomfortable and exaggerated fashion, the rollbar still hits my head. What sucks is that the TJ is fine. The lowered interior ceiling for me actually makes the JK seem smaller than the TJ. Final note, I tried an Unlimited to see if somehow it "fit" me different. It didn't. Oh well, my Jeep JK order is now in BX status. Hopefully I will have it by the middle of Jan.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that is a true jeeper! "My head could be decapitated"! " Oh well, I ordered one anyway."
Old 12-07-2006, 02:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by cadster
I went by the Jeep dealer again today to try the seat adjustment. And while it felt better, the rollbar is clearly positioned too low for me. Even with the seat all the way down, and moved forward in an uncomfortable and exaggerated fashion, the rollbar still hits my head. What sucks is that the TJ is fine. The lowered interior ceiling for me actually makes the JK seem smaller than the TJ. Final note, I tried an Unlimited to see if somehow it "fit" me different. It didn't. Oh well, my Jeep JK order is now in BX status. Hopefully I will have it by the middle of Jan.
Maybe start lookinging into an aftermarket seat. I've never gone that route but they have some nice one's out there that may take care of your problem.

Quick Reply: Anyone else worried about being decapitated by rollbar