Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone else think it's weird or funny

Old 08-12-2009, 10:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron

Do you have a biger pic in hi-rez? I would love to use it as a screen saver! Great Shot!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:27 AM
JK Freak

Oh, and to stay on topic and contribute to the thread...I would assume that stockers "need" hi-lifts and shovels as they dont have the ground clearence as a lifted one and are more prone to get cought up on a rock or something.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by teamonthree
See,

I hate the whole "Jeeps are meant to be dirty" mentality.

I want my vehicle to last a long time, a dirty vehicle means more chance for paint to flake off, means more areas to rust.

I clean my JK religiously after every off roading trip.

And it's been through it's paces after my trip to Ouray.

I love my Jeep Green Metallic paint, and I really dislike the mark on the hood from a canoe, it's "dimples" from the doors being off and the "custom pin stripping" from narrow trails lined with trees.

That being said, I'll keep off roading, and I'll keep cleaning it.
I agree, getting it dirty is fun, but cleaning it is fun as well. Cleaning your Jeep and keeping it that way until your next wheelin' trip is a great way to keep up on any maintenence and problems that may be arising.
Leaving your engine bay and underside caked in mud makes it that much harder to see leaks or any other issues ( issues that can also pop up from leaving mud caked on everything.)
After wheelin', cleanliness is next to holiness,............it allows you to see any holiness that is starting to appear in your Jeeps underside.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by benny
I agree, getting it dirty is fun, but cleaning it is fun as well. Cleaning your Jeep and keeping it that way until your next wheelin' trip is a great way to keep up on any maintenence and problems that may be arising.
Leaving your engine bay and underside caked in mud makes it that much harder to see leaks or any other issues ( issues that can also pop up from leaving mud caked on everything.)
After wheelin', cleanliness is next to holiness,............it allows you to see any holiness that is starting to appear in your Jeeps underside.
I like it

ten characters
Old 08-13-2009, 12:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BLACKSTONE
Thanks Dr. PHIL If you consider bolting a shovel to a hood a challenge then you sir are probably one of the posers. Laughing at someone who tells me they have no desire to go off road yet roll around posing with GEAR is funny to me. You lableing that as "poking noses into their lives" is just as amusing little fella. This is a JK FORUM. This is wear we talk about JK's so if you don't like it or its such a waste of time why read or worse, make a dumb comment?
DUUUUUDE!!!!! You really need to lighten up a little bit......you know..... un-pucker or some such. I for one have most of my off road gear stowed.....outta sight outta mind.....less chance of getting stolen. I DO however have a High Lift jack mounted on the bumper of my stock Rubi. Don't have the funds for the lift, 35's etc that will eventually make their way to my Jeep. Doesn't mean I don't off road it..........Hell, got a trip coming up next weekend.......would sure be kinda stupid to go out there without any gear, dontcha think?
Old 08-13-2009, 06:28 AM
JK Freak

Don't worry about Blackstone. The guys obviously 15, or has the mentality of one. He already threatened me and if needed, I'll report it to the authorities. Anyone can go back and search for posts made by him and you'll see he's definitely got some anger issues.

Poor guy.

Quick Reply: Anyone else think it's weird or funny