Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone else think it's weird or funny

Old 08-02-2009, 08:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This made me laugh. I have a VERY stock JK Rubicon that I got a great deal on. I had a 99 Sport but with two kids plus camping gear it was tough so I was stoked when the 4 door came out. I don't do a lot of the hard core off road but have always been a Jeep fan. I wanted a manual and I wanted Blue, the Rubicon was the only one they had with both so the Sales Manager made me a SMOKING deal. I traded my 99 with 150,000 miles that had seen some of MOAB (Stock as well) for the 08 and paid 18K.

Here is what will send some over the edge, I had them replace the STOCK Rubicon tires with the All weather 32s because I drive 30 miles to work on the highway. My off road time is spent down old logging roads or in the dessert and while I miss the off road tires in those cases I don't 80% of the time I'm driving it. I do plan on changing the bumpers (all ready smashed the stock rear on on a rock) and adding high lift to it because changing the tires with the stock jack is not good even on the side of the highway when the road is slanted.

In any event I'm not a wanna be I'm just me, enjoying my Jeep.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BLACKSTONE
Too bad you aren't a little closer because this could easily be arranged.
I know several people in KY that could take care of this for you Conan.

Yeah, please do. Call your friends and tell them to go whoop a 6'6" guys ass because he doesn't carry a hi-lift jack on his Jeep.

You lose.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Laughingstok

Yeah, please do. Call your friends and tell them to go whoop a 6'6" guys ass because he doesn't carry a hi-lift jack on his Jeep.

You lose.
will do. He can be 6'9 with his heels on still won't matter
Old 08-11-2009, 04:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by surf9
Two of my neighbors give me crap weekly about washing my JK. I usually wash it once a week or two. At first, I laughed it off. But now it is getting old. I like to take care of my stuff and I like everything to stay clean. I love getting the jeep dirty too, but take a lot of pride in detailing it as well. I want it to last. All I hear is 'it's a jeep, why the F are you washing it!' Why do people care what I do with my jeep? I make the payments, not them.
We also compulsively wash our Jeep. I had to fight tooth and nail to get a Flame Red (went to 3 dealerships, ended up getting it from an out of state dealership over 10 hours away), I want the effing paint to shine! We get it dirty on Saturday and by Sunday night it is sparkling again.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

For some reason as I'm reading this thread, I can't help but think of all the douche bags that wear "Tapout" shirts, and how they've never seen a fight in their lives...
Old 08-11-2009, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Etidie
For some reason as I'm reading this thread, I can't help but think of all the douche bags that wear "Tapout" shirts, and how they've never seen a fight in their lives...
Good Call
Old 08-11-2009, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
First of, nice JK! I did Medano Pass a couple years back on the stock SR-As and was pleasantly surprised with their performance, not a single issue. They did suck in the NE Ohio snow though. Some of the stuff I did this week though I am glad I upgraded to the M/Ts, heavy duty rocks would make me nervous with the stock SR-As. We did Phantom Canyon to get back up to Cripple Creek and it's a beautiful drive!
Thanks, curious as to the problems you have had with snow and the SR-As? I did Metberry Gulch in the winter, still had the paper tags on. It's a little harder than Medano and was covered in snow for a good bit. Had zero issues, I was surprised actually. I didn't think I would make it back up the trail. We had a Four Runner that had to be towed back up the trail cause he couldn't get any traction. I was aired down to about 18lbs and he was still running street pressure. I'll upgrade the eventually once they let me down. Doing Mosquito Pass and Halfmoon Creek this weekend. Hardest trail she will have done so far. We'll see how the tires handle it.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by surf9
Two of my neighbors give me crap weekly about washing my JK. I usually wash it once a week or two. At first, I laughed it off. But now it is getting old. I like to take care of my stuff and I like everything to stay clean. I love getting the jeep dirty too, but take a lot of pride in detailing it as well. I want it to last. All I hear is 'it's a jeep, why the F are you washing it!' Why do people care what I do with my jeep? I make the payments, not them.
See,

I hate the whole "Jeeps are meant to be dirty" mentality.

I want my vehicle to last a long time, a dirty vehicle means more chance for paint to flake off, means more areas to rust.

I clean my JK religiously after every off roading trip.

And it's been through it's paces after my trip to Ouray.

I love my Jeep Green Metallic paint, and I really dislike the mark on the hood from a canoe, it's "dimples" from the doors being off and the "custom pin stripping" from narrow trails lined with trees.

That being said, I'll keep off roading, and I'll keep cleaning it.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

The other day I crapped my pants, but I didn't clean up for like two days.

I just wanted to show how much of a real man I am.

Beel
Old 08-12-2009, 10:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Beel_MT
The other day I crapped my pants, but I didn't clean up for like two days.

I just wanted to show how much of a real man I am.

Beel
Dude sweet, I was thinking of peeing in mine to mark my man-territory. After that I was gonna go park in front of a highschool (not forgetting to mount my freshly polished shovel and high-lift) and posing on my hood for a little bit...

Quick Reply: Anyone else think it's weird or funny