Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone else think it's weird or funny

Old 07-24-2009, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock jeeps

I saw a whole bunch of stock Jeeps hit the trails at the last Jeep Jamboree in Vermont, mine included.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shredX
It bugs me that if your rig is "clean" you must not be "hard core".
It's a common misconception. In reality, it means 2 things:

1. The Jeep just got done wheelin'

2. The Jeep owner is lazy and doesn't wash the Jeep much. Before anyone gets upset because I called them lazy, know that I fit into this category. Yep, I'm lazy and hate with a passion washing vehicles. I clean the JK about once a month; wheelin'/no wheelin'.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Kyle
It's a common misconception. In reality, it means 2 things:

1. The Jeep just got done wheelin'

2. The Jeep owner is lazy and doesn't wash the Jeep much. Before anyone gets upset because I called them lazy, know that I fit into this category. Yep, I'm lazy and hate with a passion washing vehicles. I clean the JK about once a month; wheelin'/no wheelin'.
I clean my rig once a week. Call it pride of ownership. I clean my guns after I use them too. Does that mean my Springfield XD .45 isn't "hardcore"?
Old 07-25-2009, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DallasJeeper
I think it is weird and funny that people are so concerned on what other people do with their own stuff
I agree. I made it to your post, figured I found the person with the most common sense in the thread and then gave up reading the rest of the thread. Who really cares what other people do to their vehicles, houses, bodies, etc... Grow up people and worry about yourselves.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 100% agreement!

Originally Posted by DallasJeeper
I think it is weird and funny that people are so concerned on what other people do with their own stuff

I agree with you 100% !!

Beel
Old 07-30-2009, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TommyG
I agree. I made it to your post, figured I found the person with the most common sense in the thread and then gave up reading the rest of the thread. Who really cares what other people do to their vehicles, houses, bodies, etc... Grow up people and worry about yourselves.
I think it's weird that you responded to this post with such a useless post of your own. Thanks for the "grow up " full house speech as well.
Is your name Danny Tanner by any chance?
Old 07-31-2009, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Two of my neighbors give me crap weekly about washing my JK. I usually wash it once a week or two. At first, I laughed it off. But now it is getting old. I like to take care of my stuff and I like everything to stay clean. I love getting the jeep dirty too, but take a lot of pride in detailing it as well. I want it to last. All I hear is 'it's a jeep, why the F are you washing it!' Why do people care what I do with my jeep? I make the payments, not them.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:33 AM
JK Freak

Sheeeit. With some of the PAVED roads here in Kentucky, you damn near need a Jeep with all the off-road equipment to get through it.

You should see the side "road" I take to work every morning. It's a fully stop-signed road that parallel's a major road, and the damn thing is so bad they finally had to come and put a giant piece of sheet metal on a section of it because the holes in it were so big, I'd have to slow to a crawl in the Jeep to get through it.

Before they put the sheet metal down, I used to love watching the cars in front of me go into the grass or the opposite lane to get around it.

P.S. - Until someone can whoop my ass, I'll do what I want with my Jeep.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stlfan06
I have a 2008 2dr X. The only upgrades i have are rubicon tires and daystar spacers and I've went through more shit than probably 90% of the people on here. I don't have any "equipment" mounted on it yet, but i plan to. Just because people don't have a lift, bigger tires, etc. doesn't mean they don't wheel. I'm sure there's almost as many lifted jeeps that don't wheel as there are stock jeeps.
qft . . .
Old 07-31-2009, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Laughingstok
Sheeeit. With some of the PAVED roads here in Kentucky, you damn near need a Jeep with all the off-road equipment to get through it.

P.S. - Until someone can whoop my ass, I'll do what I want with my Jeep.
Too bad you aren't a little closer because this could easily be arranged.
I know several people in KY that could take care of this for you Conan.

Quick Reply: Anyone else think it's weird or funny