Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

anyone else pissed?

Old 11-30-2010, 07:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zilla
I LOVE Blowing Rock. We're there a lot. Love the BBQue at Woodlands, and the view from the bar at Canyons.
im actually ashamed saying this. but i've still never been to canyons. and plus i've also heard that there is a trail from somewhere on the parkway near BR that leads to lenior that i've been wanting to check out, but i havent been able to find it yet. haha.

@Kawasakirider well haha by brotherhood i kinda meant the jeep brotherhood. i was kinda hoping he was the white JKU around town with the project jk stickers

@coondog actually i did not know that i was buying a 30k car that would be spitting and overfilling gas at my feet. plus i'm not 100% on this, but im sure alot of the older TJ's didnt have as bad of leaky tops problems as the JK's did but i could be completly wrong.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

haha i figured he's somewhere on here, but i figured it was pretty much impossible to find him. haha. i've seen him drive around App campus a ton though.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:51 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You think you have issues now, just wait till that steering and suspension gets some mileage on it and you get clunking and wobbles.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

So the 2011's don't have a leaking problem? What about the gas overflowing issue?
Old 12-01-2010, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by strokemyego416
im actually ashamed saying this. but i've still never been to canyons. and plus i've also heard that there is a trail from somewhere on the parkway near BR that leads to lenior that i've been wanting to check out, but i havent been able to find it yet. haha.

@Kawasakirider well haha by brotherhood i kinda meant the jeep brotherhood. i was kinda hoping he was the white JKU around town with the project jk stickers

@coondog actually i did not know that i was buying a 30k car that would be spitting and overfilling gas at my feet. plus i'm not 100% on this, but im sure alot of the older TJ's didnt have as bad of leaky tops problems as the JK's did but i could be completly wrong.

I think you'd like Canyons. It's kind of rustic, with a great bar and the best view around.

The trail down to Lenoir that you're talking about.....I've never done it, but I think I know what you're talking about. It runs through Globe, and there's a couple of ways to get there. One of em starts right there in downtown BR. As you are leaving downtown (heading toward Canyons), you'll see "Globe Rd" on the right. I think there's a big new building going up right near it.

The other way runs down beside the Linville river, and the head is very near the town of Linville Falls. Anybody there can point you in the right direction. I hear it's very cool, and I intend to do it next spring. My son use to do it on his Samaurai. This one and the other come together right before hitting Globe, and then continue on down to Lenoir.

Ya ever do Macadoos? We hit the bar there whenever we're up.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What the hell is this thread about
Old 12-01-2010, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's about Stroker being pissed with his Jeep. I'm trying to put him in a better mood by showin him a good trail. Happy Jeepers are a good thing....right?
Old 12-01-2010, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's about Stroker being pissed with his Jeep. I'm trying to put him in a better mood by showin him a good trail. Happy Jeepers are a good thing....right?
you got that right...
Old 12-01-2010, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

I think you'd like Canyons. It's kind of rustic, with a great bar and the best view around.

The trail down to Lenoir that you're talking about.....I've never done it, but I think I know what you're talking about. It runs through Globe, and there's a couple of ways to get there. One of em starts right there in downtown BR. As you are leaving downtown (heading toward Canyons), you'll see "Globe Rd" on the right. I think there's a big new building going up right near it.

The other way runs down beside the Linville river, and the head is very near the town of Linville Falls. Anybody there can point you in the right direction. I hear it's very cool, and I intend to do it next spring. My son use to do it on his Samaurai. This one and the other come together right before hitting Globe, and then continue on down to Lenoir.

Ya ever do Macadoos? We hit the bar there whenever we're up.
I've always been meaning to go to canyons though, let me know when you come up and do it in the spring. Maybe we can grab some lunch or something and head out there. and love macados. but still only 18. haha so the bar part is out for me.

more on topic. i was so incredibly enthused to have frozen carpet this morning behind my passenger seat.

Quick Reply: anyone else pissed?