Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone else get paint chipped from rocks being thrown from your tires?

Old 04-08-2011, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Teraflex rock sliders. Keeps most of it off, and then you have some protection if you wheel it.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rickyj
I have the mudflaps, and I love em. I guess I am not a real wheeler - and to be honest rocks and extreme trails are less fun to me than muddy roads and snow. They might get ripped off, but they are flexible - anything that ripped them off the vehicle would be doing some damage anyway.
I did some research here, saw this problem and ordered the mudflaps before I bought the Jeep and love them too. No chips.

I also got the Sahara wheels and steps used.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have mopar mud flaps too i didnt want to put them on but its better than sand blasting my paint with salt and gravel, they look diffrent that the ones in the above pics, they really blend in and i hardly notice them. I have went over some pretty ruff things with them and they didnt rip off.

Quick Reply: Anyone else get paint chipped from rocks being thrown from your tires?