Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anyone else feel like a drunk when...

Old 10-15-2009, 06:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VAMP1RE
Simplicity = reliability

Maybe
Also: Simplicity = More money in your pocket in a few years
Old 10-15-2009, 06:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ClaytonT
Y'all have buttons for windows?
One positive to having an income.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 10-15-2009, 08:53 AM
JK Newbie

I have seen plenty of old cars with manual windows that either don't work, or fall off track. Equal or less than the amount of broken electric window. Everything electrical or mechanical can fail.

Personally, I like to be able to roll up all of the windows from my drivers seat in my Jeep without tearing up my old back by crawling around cranking up the ones my kids leave down.

I have the pleasure of driving different cars throughout the week. I either change the radio station to lower the window in one car or grab the windshield washer stick on the colum of my jeep and attempt to snap it off to move to "D" on a regular basis.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:57 AM
JK Freak

I get people unlocking and locking my doors alllll the time while we're driving and they're looking to put down the window. I've never made the mistake of hitting the radio when driving another car though simply because... I've hardly ever driven anything besides my JK since getting it! Haha. Nothing else feels right.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We traded 2nd vehicles about 6 mos. ago and it also has the window controls in the center dash so we've gotten used to rolling down the windows. But we are having a hard time with the locks...have you ever tried to unlock the Jeep doors in the dark? Talk about feeling drunk

Last edited by Blonda; 10-19-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:47 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Blues 2
I have seen plenty of old cars with manual windows that either don't work, or fall off track. Equal or less than the amount of broken electric window. Everything electrical or mechanical can fail. ...
Come on, you work in a junk yard, right?

I'm not knocking anyone who choses electric windows and door locks. I know that they're convenient. But, they break. Within ten years the vast majority of vehicles with these options will have some kind of failure. It's just not so with the manual options.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

No Mark, not a junkyard. Im a LEO and get alot of people opening their dam doors up on me when I walk up cause the window will not roll down anymore...
Sorry for sharing. Guess I'll go back to lurking...
Old 10-16-2009, 03:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Blonda
We traded 2nd vehicles about 6 mos. ago and it also has the window controls in the center dash so we've gotten used to rolling down the windoes. But we are having a hard time with the locks...have you ever tried to unlock the Jeep doors in the dark? Talk about feeling drunk
Highlighted mine with red touchup paint the dealer gave me when I bought my jeep. Much better.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:47 AM
JPT
JK Newbie

How about the benefit of power locks that don't work when locked with the fob? Makes it more difficult to get in, steal doors. My wife likes the auto start feature for those cold mornings. Lastly I would think for every one power window that fails 20 more don't. I've only had one vehicle that pw had to be repaired.

That is why its an option, but at this point in my life I don't care to drive standards or roll down windows. They are in a strange location, but our old saab was strange all the same. I still don't think you could unlock the doors from the inside without the fob.

Quick Reply: Anyone else feel like a drunk when...