Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Anybody Trade-In a JKU for JK?

Old 04-08-2009, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone, thanks for the input and helping feed another Jeeper's addiction.

I am happy to say that I picked up a brand new loaded '09 Red-Rock 2-Door JK today. It was a crazy day. I got the windshield replaced on my JKU and headed to work. After leaving a meeting, I backed into a steel pole and crunched the rear, driver's side corner bumper and license plate mount. Needless to say, I was PO'd.

I decided to head to the stealership to see what could be done. Long story short, I said screw it and traded in the JKU. All I can say is that the dealers are hurting. I got the JK for $1K below the current Employee Pricing + the $1K cash back incentive ($2K off EP). I also got full KBB trade-in value for my '08 JKU even with the dinged up rear corner.

Needless to say, I am happy as can be with the deal and feel like I am driving a style of Jeep that I am more familiar with. My son's booster seat fit like a champ in the back too. For my money, I don't feel a ton of difference in the ride between the JK and my JKU either. Either model rides way better than mj TJs ever did.

Thanks again guys.

Regards

Quick Reply: Anybody Trade-In a JKU for JK?