Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

anybody have a significant other thats jealous of yor jeep?

Old 02-05-2010, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubicon_Fan
Just few days ago at the dinner with my friends, one of them complemented on my Jeep.. Where I said I love my baby.. Meaning my Jeep.. My girlfriend gave me a weird look Now that she knows Ihat i call my jeep, a "baby jeep" and my Wallpapers both on the phone and PC are Jeeps, she asked me not to call her "baby" anymore
Tell her it's a compliment to compare her to your jeep, unless of course it's trail rashed, beat to shit and you talk about trading it in for a newer model... wait, what was the point I was trying to make again
Old 02-05-2010, 05:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

these are funny!!
Old 02-05-2010, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

My Jeep is one of the main reasons my fiance' does'nt want to get married!!! she says I spend WAY to much $$$ and time on it and even thinks I should get counciling!!!
Hell, I'll just have to keep buying stuff for the jeep so I don't have to get hitched!!!
That's one way to stay single!!!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

soooooo............ my girlfriend read this thread while i ran to the store and she asked me when i got back... "if you had to choose between me or the jeep, what would it be?" while i sat there pondering the pros and cons to both of them... long story short, i havnt seen her in 3 days...
Old 02-07-2010, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

OK...so my wife and kids both know when the UPS man rings the doorbell it's for dads jeep! I remember when they used to ask who the delivery was for...not any more!

The wife, well she loves the jeep but every now and then I get to here about the surprise text message she got back a couple days before xmas in 08. She had sent a message to me to bring home something for dinner. The return message was; "sure as soon as I leave the Jeep dealer". She texts back, "for what?" I return saying,
"I'm almost done signing the papers!!" Another mid-life crisis kinda thing....at least that's the excuse I use! So whenever she wants something guess what she reminds me of?!?!? The 08 xmas purchase....Just Empty Every Pocket!!!

But the worst....this past weekend a fellow wheeler in my local club let his girlfriend drive his yj on the return trail....they were right behind us the whole way....now all the wives and girlfriends are trying to envoke a new club rule that the women drive out!! Hey, I have nothin against woman drivers...just as long as it's not MY jeep!! But I can only sleep on the couch for so long........
Old 02-08-2010, 08:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dizzyliz
OP, Cute story.

My ball & chain is extremely envious.
...So I let him drive it when we off-road...
...This works very well for me because he has no problem when I want a new mod for it, he generally says yes.
Works for me too! She loves driving offroad
Old 02-08-2010, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

My wife is not jealous of me and my JK. She is just jealous that my JK is bigger than her TJ!
Old 02-08-2010, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

My wife is not jealous of my JK, she actually thinks it's cool. The JK-forum is another thing entirely; she sometimes accuses me of spending more time on here than with her.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

"all you care about is that f****** jeep!" "um well yeah...."
what the hell is she getting at
Old 02-08-2010, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

so my last post was regarding not hearing from the girlfriend. well..... i heard from her today. she decided to move back in and shes thinking about buying a jeep now. she likes how you can personalize a jeep. you cant do much with an Xterra. heres to getting people to conform to jeepism

Quick Reply: anybody have a significant other thats jealous of yor jeep?