Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

anybody have a significant other thats jealous of yor jeep?

Old 02-03-2010, 06:54 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I love her
But I love to mod the jeep
I spend all day out in the garage
And hell is all I catch
Today she met me at the door
Said I would have to choose
If I hit that jeep with a wrench today
She'd be packin' all her things
And she'd be gone by noon

Well I'm gonna miss her.......
Old 02-03-2010, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Well I love her
But I love to mod the jeep
I spend all day out in the garage
And hell is all I catch
Today she met me at the door
Said I would have to choose
If I hit that jeep with a wrench today
She'd be packin' all her things
And she'd be gone by noon

Well I'm gonna miss her.......
That was awesome!!!! If I wasn't told I need to say on the couch I would add a ton "smilely faces!"

Nice one!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:17 PM
JK Super Freak

My wife thinks our JK is awesome. She doesn't understand why I love to just look at it as much as I do...

She is all for the next mod which is wheels/rims and tires.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In 07 I called my wife out of the blue and told her I was going to buy a Jeep. I was actually on the road to a dealer 50 miles away who had a Rubi on the lot. She asked me what year it was, and I said new. She asked me how much, and I said 30k. After a moment of silence, she asked me when, and I said in about an hour. She asked me how much I was putting down and I said 30k.

So...eventually she started to like my Jeep. She does occassionally ask when I am going to sell some of my other 4 vehicles that I rarely drive anymore.

Then last year I came home and started explaining what a "Hemi" was, and why I needed one, only 13k (ended up putting in the 6.1 so more like 16k)..............She finally said "why didn't you just buy it with a V-8" and I thought "AHAA!"

I had to promise a new kitchen/dining room floor, and new built in entertainment center (and they got done)...but I got my hemi.

Good thing I do not plan to retire anytime soon, and darn good thing she has known me for over 35 years and accepts (without understanding) the relationship between me and anything with a motor in it.

Now I ponder how to explain "Airock" and "MTR/Kevlar".
Old 02-04-2010, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

as long as she's got a side step to get in and the freedom to hijack my rearview mirror, my girl is pretty understanding
Old 02-04-2010, 05:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

My wife just told me SHE wanted my 4 door Jeep when it's time for her to get a new vehicle, she loves the friggin thing. I asked her what the hell I was going to drive. Bless her she told me to get a 2 dr Jeep like I have been wanting since I sold my TJ when we started a family years ago (Had to get the 4 dr for the family). She's a keeper
Old 02-04-2010, 03:20 PM
JK Junkie

Don't get me wrong, my g/f love the JK and wheelin' with me and the group I'm with, but....

We want to take that step forward and spending the money on the JK instead of a nice ring is going in totally the opposite direction,
Old 02-04-2010, 04:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool

OP, Cute story.

My ball & chain is extremely envious.
...So I let him drive it when we off-road...
...This works very well for me because he has no problem when I want a new mod for it, he generally says yes.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:24 PM
jmc
JK Enthusiast

I am trying to convince my wife for us to get her own Jeep. She has said yes but I think it is really to just to get me to shut up, besides we don't have room to park any more vehicles right now.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:54 PM
JK Freak

Just few days ago at the dinner with my friends, one of them complemented on my Jeep.. Where I said I love my baby.. Meaning my Jeep.. My girlfriend gave me a weird look Now that she knows Ihat i call my jeep, a "baby jeep" and my Wallpapers both on the phone and PC are Jeeps, she asked me not to call her "baby" anymore

Quick Reply: anybody have a significant other thats jealous of yor jeep?