Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any X owners regret not getting a Rubicon?

Old 05-02-2008, 06:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default love my X

I have to say I thought I was going to regret not getting the RUBI, but in fact I am very happy and impressed with my X. I have gone through some pretty wicked trails up in the blue ridge MTS, praying that nothing would break, and came out squeaky clean (well, undamaged at least). I can't believe how well the X handles off-road, for being bone stock. The payments are easier on my wallet too.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

Default I do not regret at all

I wanted the Rubicon, but was not in the budget. Nobody will deal on them. Got the X for $200 over invoice. I got as close to a Rubicon as possible. I got the rear locker and electronic sway bar disconnect. The only thing that I really wanted was the Dana 44 up front and the locker. I can live without it. This Jeep is awesome. I had a 97 TJ and it ws great, but this thing is way better. No regrets!!!
Old 05-03-2008, 04:30 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by BillyD
I wanted the Rubicon, but was not in the budget. Nobody will deal on them. Got the X for $200 over invoice. I got as close to a Rubicon as possible. I got the rear locker and electronic sway bar disconnect. The only thing that I really wanted was the Dana 44 up front and the locker. I can live without it. This Jeep is awesome. I had a 97 TJ and it ws great, but this thing is way better. No regrets!!!
$1400 you can have your front 44
Old 05-21-2008, 04:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rkwfxd
I am looking very hard at selling my Suzuki Samurai and purchasing a new Jeep Wrangler. My ego wants me to buy a Rubicon but my wallet is leaning towards the X which would still be a huge improvement over the Suzuki.

So did anyone "settle" for an X instead of a Rubicon and then later wish you had waited and saved a bit more?
I regret not keeping my samurai, I loved that thing.

I bought an X. I dont like the 4:1 transfer for the wheeling I do currently (may one day change) I like to pick my own lockers and whatnot. I got my X with 4.10's so that I could swap in a rubi front if I wanted. I doubt I need a 44 up front though ( I only run 33s). With the money I saved my X will soon have ected lockers front and rear, bumpers/rails/skids, rack, tires, wheels, lift, and an awesome stereo. The rubicon is great, but for someone like me that likes to pick out everything piece by piece it isn't a smart solution.

Oh yeah and my payment is just barely over 300 a month that leaves a lot to but accessories with.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:09 PM
JK Super Freak

i like my lil ole X. didn't wanna pay that much extra for what the rubi has to offer..
Old 05-21-2008, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

On the flipside, I somewhat regret buying my rubi. I love it, dont get me wrong, but whats the point of me paying extra for better suspension, better tires, 4.10 gears, and extra money for the still crappy looking rims if I plan on replacing all that with a lift, 35s to 37s and taller gearing???

Overall Im satisfied but in the end once all the mods are done I think I would have saved quite a bit of money with a more basic model and still ended up with the same exact same thing.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

I love my Rubi but its over kill for where I live. I wish I was still in Colorado where I could have really been able to use its rock crawling capabilities and lockers. Here in Texas I never need lockers for the most part.

The thing is while I used to want lockers, dana 44 (32 spline), Electronic axle disco, etc, etc. I now have it right off the dealer lot. Many say they will upgrade their axles but few actually do.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:05 PM
JK Junkie

When I was looking to get a Jeep a co-worker told me get the Rubi, but I didnt think I would actually go on trails. Now I love going on trails and at times wish I had a Rubi.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:19 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bly109
We bought the Rubi so we wouldnt have to mod it much... yeah that worked real well.....
Im with you there its all getting changed it seems like. And I dont even have 1k miles yet!
Old 05-21-2008, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

i love my x! no regrets...
i think with an x you get to learn more about your jeep... simply because there are more mods and upgrades for you to make.

Quick Reply: Any X owners regret not getting a Rubicon?