Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any X owners regret not getting a Rubicon?

Old 04-29-2008, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw only one mention of the lifetime warranty. Being retired this was a huge deal for me. After considering how aftermarket parts might affect warranty bought Rubicon to get as much capability in the initial package.
Must note that I qualified for affiliate rewards program and if I had not my descisions may have been different since, from what I have heard, dealers are really gouging most Rubicon buyers
Old 04-29-2008, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love my X. Have been wheeling way more than in my CJ or TJ.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rub61
Saw only one mention of the lifetime warranty. Being retired this was a huge deal for me. After considering how aftermarket parts might affect warranty bought Rubicon to get as much capability in the initial package.
Must note that I qualified for affiliate rewards program and if I had not my descisions may have been different since, from what I have heard, dealers are really gouging most Rubicon buyers
We're getting our Rubi this weekend most likely, and the warranty is a big reason why we're going with the more expensive model. I plan on having this Jeep for a long time...and I don't want them to have any excuses for not honoring the warranty. That's also why I am having additional mods added at the dealership...I pay more up front, but it gets included in the warranty.

It's been posted many times in other threads that it's always up to the dealer to honor the warranty on a modified Jeep, so find a mod-friendly dealer, don't go over 3" of lift, stay at 35" tires or less, etc. etc. But ultimately, in a year or two or more, you'll be wandering in to your dealer with a broken Jeep...and a few posts on some forum aren't going to be much help if they decide not to honor the warranty.

Stack the odds in your favor if you plan on modifying your Jeep. It may be cheaper to get aftermarket lockers and a new front axle, but if they ever break, it's on your dollar. So I agree with Rub61, the warranty is a huge deal for me as well.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:56 PM
JK Newbie

Unhappy The X

I love my X but now that I'm hooked off-road I'm going to need two jobs to start building.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default hjk

yup. i regret it, no lockers
Old 04-30-2008, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could have bought any one I wanted and I got the X. It's been a blast off road and way more capable than I ever would have expected. Also, I find that the technical rock crawling isn't my thing. Bombing over whoop-de-dos and plowing through mud is.

If I had a Rubi, I'd still buy a lift, I'd still buy bigger tires and different wheels, I'd still buy the Woods tub enlarger, evap can relocate, muffler relocate, front sway bar relocate and tailgate shock. I'd still buy the Mopar off road bumper and Warn powerplant winch.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rub61
This too was a big factor for me. I got my RUBI for far less then some dealers around here are selling them for. I paid below invoice due to the military overseas sales. Many who say they got this arent being truthful. My dealer locally would have sold my Rubi for several thousand over sticker. Because I bought mine in Iraq I saved myself thousands.

As said before the warranty is unreal and I never plan on getting rid of my Jeep. Even if gas is a bazillion dollars.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love the X....and all the mods.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BCarr
Love the X....and all the mods.
Agree 100%, no regrets...
Old 05-01-2008, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

My X was just what I was after.

4wd
4 doors
solid axles
seating for 5
convertible
UNDER $25k

Pretty much only one. Regret buying a x instead of saving another 10-15 grand to spend? Nope.

4.5 months and 2200 miles later, still no regrets.

Quick Reply: Any X owners regret not getting a Rubicon?