Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any X owners regret not getting a Rubicon?

Old 03-15-2008, 10:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Decided to buy an 07 rubi over an 08 x. Absolutly love it. I have not driven an x offroad so i cant talk about how well it performs but my rubi is a beast. Only being able to use the lockers in 4 low has not been a problem. I use 4 low most of the time offroading lately with all of the deep snow and now mud with no problems. I would use low even with out the lockers to get more torque out of the v6. Love it.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We got our X back in December 06. The wife saw a picture of one on the net, and liked the looks. We were ready to trade her 99XJ. It had been her DD since April 99, and was building up miles, with no warranty left. We pulled into our Jeep dealers on Friday, and they 3 on the lot. A Red X 6 spd, with both tops, a Black X soft top auto with the S package, and a Rescue green Sahara auto. The 6spd was out, She did not like the color of the rescure green, so she took the black X for a test. Came back and said she loved it. The dealer wouldn't come down at all on price, so we left. Searched the net for dealers with JK unlimiteds in stock. Only found one other dealer, and he had two. Both were priced higher than the one she drove, even though they were both X's with the S package. Went back that day to try again. Although he would not come down in price, he gave us a good deal on our trade. We drove it off the lot that evening. And she's been happy since. No need for a Rubi for us. I still have my 94XJ bought new in 94, that has been modified for the trail, and she has her X as a DD. We did install an AEV front bumper, to personilize it a bit, however it will remain stock. One nice thing, it does have the 4.10's.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:02 AM
JK Jedi

Would have liked to have gotten a Rubi, but every month when I make my payment I appreciate my X.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Shortbuss
Love my X. I am not a hardcore wheeler and could not justify the extra $$. If I need lockers I will put them in later. The BLD and LS work wonders.
What is BLD? I am guessing LS is Limited Slip but I am at a loss on the BLD.

Thanks
Old 03-16-2008, 06:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Shop around, I bought a used Rubicon with 1300 miles on it cheaper than I could have gotten a new X for.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:21 AM
JK Junkie

I have an X 2dr and use it as my DD. I also like to go offroad with a little mud and some rock crawling. It does great for me. If I were into crawling the bigger rocks maybe a Rubi would be the ticket but staying on the blues the X does great and is nore capable than I could have imagined.

Had I bought a Rubi I still would have gotten rid of the tires and wheels and put on a lift so it would not have been worth it for me. 10k buys allot of nice things for a Jeep.....
Old 03-16-2008, 06:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rkwfxd
What is BLD? I am guessing LS is Limited Slip but I am at a loss on the BLD.

Thanks
BLD = Brake Lock Differential. You use your brakes to transfer torque. See below.

http://blog.chryslerllc.com/blog.do?p=entry&id=270
Old 03-16-2008, 06:41 AM
JK Super Freak

No regrets on my X. Excellent starting point and less possible problems to worry about, IMO.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:55 AM
JK Freak

I wish I would have got an X instead of my Sahara if that helps. I like the painted flairs better ( I am an idiot) I pay $335 for a 3 year lease, my friend pays $382 for 6 years and he owns his. I piss my myself off more and more everday with the dumb choices I make.

Sorry about the last part, rough week.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no regrets! I love my X.

Quick Reply: Any X owners regret not getting a Rubicon?