Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any X owners regret not getting a Rubicon?

Old 12-27-2009, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my X got everything I wanted with it. power everything and rubi wheels and tires. I just wish I had rocker guards now, kinda put a dent in my rocker panel. But hey just more reason to upgrade
Old 12-27-2009, 07:39 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
4:1 t-case, front locker and dana 44 as well. Any pictures of this "X with sway disconnect"? First I've heard of it, just curious to see the button setup and such.
I've actually test drove an X with the elect disco and some of the people I wheel with have the same setup...they call them a "XICON" not sure if there is such a thing but they do perform better than the standard X.

Still going with the "no regrets for buying a Rubicon!" JMHO
Old 12-28-2009, 10:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No regrets at all. Love my X....have installed upgrades as I required them, as of yet have not convinced myself I 'need' a 4:1 t-case...not enough rock crawling
Old 12-28-2009, 11:46 AM
JK Newbie

Default hell no

Heres the thing...

My wife asked me that same question... "Why did you get stock and not go with the rubi?!?"

1. I am a gear head and love to weld and modify.. thats more than half the fun. I want a unique jeep.. the one not only other drivers look at and wonder at.. but the one that Rubi drivers see and say.. wow.. thats F#%$ing cool!!!

2. As I am doing my own upgrades I get to know my jeep inside and out.. literaly!!!

3. I get to choose EXACTLY what upgrades I want for the kind of driving I want to do.

4. Price... not only the original lower purchase price. But over time, if you upgrade yourself to the same parts of the rubi. If you do it right you never pay the interest you would if you financed a Rubi and you can get the parts through specials for an overall lower cost.

5. Pride.

just my two coppers

Mr.Bunny
Old 12-28-2009, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
I've actually test drove an X with the elect disco and some of the people I wheel with have the same setup...they call them a "XICON" not sure if there is such a thing but they do perform better than the standard X.

Still going with the "no regrets for buying a Rubicon!" JMHO
"XICON", I like it!
Old 12-28-2009, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I will never buy a Rubicon.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was debating the same thing and after doing some research, i came to this decision. Every vehicle i have owned i had all the bells and whistles in it. Then a couple months down the road i was changing things like going from an infinity sound system to a better one ect.... So i thought about this. I could get the rubicon and have the lockers, electronic sway bar disconnect ect.. but i figured in the future i would be changing it anyhow. Plus i was worried about the electronics on the lockers and sway bar disconnect going bad. So i bought a basic X model with the hard top and i now wish i would have also gotten the soft top but oh well. I'm happy with my X and i will mod it to my likings and get better parts for it in the future.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Bazetthound
I will never buy a Rubicon.
Sounds like Rubicon envy to me
Old 12-31-2009, 11:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by goldtr8
Sounds like Rubicon envy to me
Sounds like you really NEED a Rubicon... HA-HA-HA!!! The poster below is for you to look at whenever you need to boost your self image.

Last edited by Bazetthound; 01-01-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:08 PM
JK Newbie

I just ordered a '10 Rubi to replace my '08 X. But don't get me wrong, I loved my X, and it did most of the things I wanted to do. And as a daily driver is the way to go. The brake based traction control is very competent as well and it got me out of many sticky situations. My final decision came down to resale value and the phenomenal deal that I got on my X last year and several options I wished I had gotten the first time.

Quick Reply: Any X owners regret not getting a Rubicon?