Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any regrets Getting a Snorkel Kit?????

Old 01-26-2012, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IKE2011
Location, Location, Location. Cincinnati doesn't have the volume of Jeepers like the western states. About all you can get here are worn tires and a stock bumper, usually way above retail for new ones. Crackheads. I need to move sooo bad.
Hahaha feel your pain Dayton area here! Been stalking Craig's list and this forum for 2dr rubi rails and tires but with no luck. Now I've almost got the money for poison spider rails and new tires saved up.... Guess it helps since I'd have spent that cash a long time ago on the west coast!
Old 01-26-2012, 02:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by IKE2011
I was wandering if anyone regretted installing a snorkel kit on their Jeep? I think snorkel are Kick Ass. BUT, the idea of cutting my hood to install one seems so permanent. I made my own snorkel for my TJ that routed under the front panel, so I didn't have to cut the body apart. I liked the flexibility of switching between a cold air and snorkel depending on my mood. Once I cut the hood, it is so committed.

Reaching out for a consensus on satisfaction. On your next rig,

Would you do it again???
No regrets at all.

P.S. A snorkel is a TRUE cold air intake.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to go with the River Raider Expedition snorkel. Very cool.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=texwillys;2814419]I want to go with the River Raider Expedition snorkel. Very cool.

I have looked at that one too. My thoughts were ..Easy to cover if I ever reomve it with a Rugged Ridge piece. Looks very military. Seems like you would want the extension to get it higher, but then risk bending it on obstacles. I like the low profile, but doesn't seem but a few inches higher than the factory hole, and more exposed. Definitely a nice piece.

Just from hitting water on flooded roads, on my Jk, The harder you hit water, the higher over the Jeep it goes. I have to turn on my wipers way before I go in. The entire hood and windshiled are covered flooded with water. My son loves it, he thinks it is awesome.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no regrets at all. In the process of trading for a 12 and cutting the hood will be one of the mods.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0014.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	270361

Quick Reply: Any regrets Getting a Snorkel Kit?????