Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any former truck owners?

Old 10-27-2008, 10:04 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DownSouth4x4
I'm about to make the jump from the truck world to the jeep world, specifically the JK world. I've had a tough time motivating myself to make this jump and I just wanted to get the opinions from some former truck owners. What do you like about your JK and what (if anything) do you miss about owning a truck.
I still have my f250. I cant live without a truck either..
Old 10-27-2008, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

had an 03 GMC 1500HD Crew Cab. Loved it, but don't miss it. I have a roofrack and a utility trailer to make up for the lose of cargo space. Since switching to the jeep I have reduced all the useless crap i used to carry around "just in case". Now I have figured out what i really need. But during hunting season i still use the roofrack and the trailer a lot. I guess the only thing I miss if the power, had lots of power before the jeep and well we all know what a powerfull rig the JK is
Old 10-27-2008, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

the problem is once you get the jeep you will always want one. had an 02 tj then got f150 screw and couldnt wait to get back in the jeep now im whole again
Old 10-27-2008, 12:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
I still have my f250. I cant live without a truck either..
me too on this one, a jeep is not a truck, and a truck is not a jeep. I'm lucky I don't have to choose between them.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had a truck before the jk too, only thing i miss is the bed space. i have a sportbike that i race and have to rely on others to get the bike to the track now. kinda sux..............but i LOVE my jeep!!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Our F250...

is AWESOME for towing our boat,

hauling gravel, sand, dirt, etc, ...

but is a tad too long for doing a 3 point turnaround between 2 trees that are only 16 feet apart... On a logging trail.... in a state forest..... designed for Jeeps.......... hee-hee..........
Yeah, it got wedged up good!!!!

Our lease is up NEXT Nov, (09) and then we will be getting a used F150 again..

My first car was a pick up truck.. a 1979 F150..... Awesome.. Would never die. Would never leave me stranded. Loved that granny gear...... EeeeeeeZzzzzzz to learn stick on an old F150.....

CANNOT live without a truck... I...... need.....a .... truck........
Might drive the JK a wee bit more, but......... need........a ...... truck...... its in my blood......!!!!!!!

but... LOVE my Jeep..... Feel guilty my poor little old truck just sits there 80% of the time now.........

But in a year, I only put 413 miles on my other poor neglected baby... "sigh"..... if only I could put a 2 inch lift kit on it.........

Old 10-27-2008, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DownSouth4x4
I'm about to make the jump from the truck world to the jeep world, specifically the JK world. I've had a tough time motivating myself to make this jump and I just wanted to get the opinions from some former truck owners. What do you like about your JK and what (if anything) do you miss about owning a truck.
I had an 04 F150 F that I traded in for my Rubicon. I have since bought a Toyota since I can't afford a big payment. I had a TJ when I had my F150 and even though I have a trailer, it's nice to own a truck. The Tacoma is old though and is an 98. I have a disease of owning 4x4 vehicles.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I still have a NISSAN TITAN
Old 10-27-2008, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had an 02 F-150 that got traded in on the JK.
No regrets since I didn't really use the bed that much except that the ford was full power and cruise and the jeep isn't but thats going to change eventually.
The milage is pretty much the same and the insurance actually went down a little but the payment went
Old 10-27-2008, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah, I couldn't get rid of my truck either. I still have the F250. Sometimes I just need a truck!

Quick Reply: Any former truck owners?