Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any former truck owners?

Old 10-25-2008, 04:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went through three Toyota pick ups with the last being a 2002 Tundra. I loved that truck, but after an accident and repair, it just never was the same. I have only one wished I still had a bed for light hauling, but am glad I made the switch.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:12 PM
jmc
JK Enthusiast

I have had a pickup for the last 15 years and this is the first time I have not had one at all. The things I miss most about my truck is the room, towing capabilites, and the V8 sound over the jeep.

I do love the jeep and everywhere I can go in it. And there is nothing like riding with the doors and top off.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

?? I paid off my '07 Ram CTD and then bought my Rubi, so I have both. I can't get by without a truck.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

Well I think I'm convinced, hopefully I'll be a JK owner within the next month. BTW I currently drive a 03 Ranger, I rarely haul anything and there's absolutely no space in the cab to carry much of anything, or anyone. I'm thinking joining the JK community will be a good decision.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just sold my 06 F-150 FX4 that I had bought 1 year ago. I loved the space, but hated the footprint when it came time to park it. I loved that truck but just wanted something smaller. My parents moved within a 1/4 mile of us recently, so I can borrow their truck if I need to haul something.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Always have had trucks and always will. After waiting for the jk's to come down in price, I sold my truck to get it. Then a few weeks later I found a ranger for $450. Bought it and now I have both. Perfect for running back and forth to work, hunting, and keeping the jk nice.

For me, I couldnt get by without one, just had to lower my standards in a truck in order to get jeep.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I went from an 04 Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 to the 07 JK Unlimited X. Vehicle to vehicle I miss the power of the V8 I had in the Dakota, other than that, I made the absolute right choice.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Pwermker
The only thing I missed about the truck is the room in the flatbed for just throwing stuff back there. I overcame this with the purchase of a 4 X 8 trailer to haul stuff. They are relatively inexpensive and don't drag your MPG down too bad. It is also nice having the ramp on the trailer to get stuff loaded. Go ahead, make the jump....you'll be glad you did. Good luck.
Exactly! I had a Dodge Ram. But, now I have the Jk, and a utility trailer w/ ramp. Bigger than a pickup bed, and a lot easier to load! (read lower) Go For it! You won't regret it.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:03 PM
JK Jedi

Had to keep my 89 F250....of course it's been paid off for a long time. Even if it wasn't, I'd still want to have a truck.........just for the fact that I'd rather beat it up than beat up my "NEW" JK. The JK will get beat up enough as it is just 4 wheelin'. I just seem to need the truck alot more around here....you know, taking the garbage to the dump, pullin' stumps, haulin firewood, etc... But I sure love drivin' my JK as a DD rather than that stiff ol' F250. Plus 300+ miles to the tank rather than less than 2, doesn't hurt either....lol
Old 10-26-2008, 01:27 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Anhedrew
I had this same dilemma. Pay off the truck. Then by a Jeep. Best of both worlds.
Or, give truck to son so when I need a pick-up I can borrow it, but keep the really fun vehicle for myself: The JK!

Quick Reply: Any former truck owners?