Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any former truck owners?

Old 10-25-2008, 04:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any former truck owners?

I'm about to make the jump from the truck world to the jeep world, specifically the JK world. I've had a tough time motivating myself to make this jump and I just wanted to get the opinions from some former truck owners. What do you like about your JK and what (if anything) do you miss about owning a truck.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

The only thing I missed about the truck is the room in the flatbed for just throwing stuff back there. I overcame this with the purchase of a 4 X 8 trailer to haul stuff. They are relatively inexpensive and don't drag your MPG down too bad. It is also nice having the ramp on the trailer to get stuff loaded. Go ahead, make the jump....you'll be glad you did. Good luck.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:14 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had 2 Rangers, then an F150.

Now i have a 2dr. JK

I do NOT regret getting rid of my truck at all.

I do NOT regret no longer being everyone's best friend when they need to move something.

I do NOT regret paying for the gas & insurance for a moving company without being paid.

I do NOT miss the cargo space. I have a trailer hitch and a trailer i can use whenever i want it. When i dont need it, I'm not paying to haul it around behind me.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I drove a V8 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab and don't miss it at all! I don't have a need to haul anything that won't fit on a reciever hitch rack, my dirt bikes stay at the farm and I do all the maintenance on them there. I love my JK!
Old 10-25-2008, 05:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Formerly had pickups. This is my last one. Miss the power on the highway. Especially when pulling my boat. Don't miss banging body panels into trees. Don't miss the fuel bill. Do miss all the room. It was a tough adjustment when traveling with the family. (wife + 2 small kids + Grammy) The roof rack gets used a lot more than they did before. A utility trailer replaces the pickup bed. It's going to get a little tighter when I install the 3rd row seat.

Absolutly love the Jeep!!!

Last edited by TexsDream77; 10-25-2008 at 05:41 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had this same dilemma. Pay off the truck. Then by a Jeep. Best of both worlds.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had an 04 F-250 on 38" Swampers. I dont miss it at all. I love my jeep and would do it again in a heart beat.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:33 AM
JK Freak

i had one of those chip foose RST fancy chevy silverado pickups blood red with chip mags, headers, stick shift no regrets here it wasn't worth a plug nickel when the snow fly's
Old 10-25-2008, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had a '98 Dodge Ram, extended cab and long bed.

I really do miss having a truck at times when I need to move things.

But the big thing I miss is the room. The JK is small inside even compared to my '03 325I BMW. It seems my Wife and I bump elbows way more than we did in the 325 and her 525 has much more side by side room.

But I don't regret getting ther Jeep.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had my YJ and Silverado at the same time. God I loved that Chevy.... However the JK unlimited takes the place of both, I've still hauled basically what I did in the 8 ft Silverado....

Quick Reply: Any former truck owners?