Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any fix for a back bow soft top leak?

Old 06-07-2010, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any fix for a back bow soft top leak?

Just got back from the dealer and they tell me there is nothing they can do about it.
Within 2 weeks they asked me to call them to see if anybody else has this problem.
Because it is the first they see.
Mine leaks at the back bow all along the seams all the white tape gets wet and then it also leaks on the frame.
Anybody else have this problem and how did you resolve it?
Old 03-06-2011, 08:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2011 mines leakin back bow also same deal tape all wet

drips both doors at spong square tab on top door frame only 1 month old and 800 miles any advise
Old 03-07-2011, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hello for the door side leaks there is a fix.
The dealer will change the header.
but the back bow leak nothing yet.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:27 PM
JK Junkie

Default yep they adjusted header this am !!

but !! they say ,rear seam cant fix ! its just the way jeeps are from the factory !they got me to order roof repelant stuff for helpinh the issue can spray it on any part of the roof to help with seams ,however . wont cure it , and they say that if i put marine type silicone over the inside weat i see it leak and where i see it weeping , it will void warrenty on roof all togeather, so it appears im suposed to sit back and watch it drip so i can have a warrenty on my roof against leaks , but yet theres no way to repair the leaky seam they know of yet! lol that blows my mind ! its not the service guys fault he just follows what chrysler says !!! ill tell u what my plan is!!!! i own my veihcle and its 2011 and if the spray dosent work and it continues to leak ,and they cant fix the dam thing! Then i will void my roof warrenty very soon cuz i aim to go over the inner roof seams with gorilla duct tape!!!! ill wait till weather gets better and ill stop the bastard from leakin myself if i have to seal the whole dam inside of the jeep with gorila duct till it cant leak!! they say that stuff is good under water for 8 years! so it certainly will seal up the cheap tape that comes from the factory , it looks like bandage tape they use in hospital when they bandage you up after you up and put a little tape to hold the gauze pads ! its white, and its saturated and drips down just as if you went home and put your bandage in water , obviously the tape isnt holding the water back , so its not good tape but gorila is awsome !! just my idea, and if the front leaks again ill wrap the whoe frican jeep in gorilla till it cant get inside ill seal the doors closed and climb in from the rear window , there thought is silicone might discolor the upper black roof and then it voids warrenty ,duct tape that keeps the water from dripping down and all over the rear floor, and getting carpets and my gear wet is my over all concern ! what the roof does between the duct tape and the outside of roof i could care less about duct tape on the inside it will send the water back up to where ever its comming in and be on the outside instead of in!!! hope i made sence !
Old 03-07-2011, 02:46 PM
JK Junkie

Default chrysler needs to have a good kick in the bush !

they want us for repeated customers???? lets get the headset straight , you get repeated customers buy spending a little more time how to fix problems before you put them out on the lot for consumers ! then yould say well they sure do take care of you and if somthing is faulty the thing called warrenty
is there , if thats what were paying for if leaks in roofs are goin on from 2007 ~ 2011 and were still at scratch ,,,, someone isnt doin there job out there!
ill be honest i was thinking of buying a rubicon as well at some point but if they cant take care of stuff right im going to put my money elsewhere not with chrysler! had to get that off my chest !! i feel better , temporary im sure !
Old 03-07-2011, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Reading all that made my head hurt
Old 03-08-2011, 04:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

What you said jeepmojo (by the way your pm box is full I answered you back)
is almost exactly what they told me.
strange that there is still a problem with the leak .
Well
I will try another dealer if it is the same crap,I will try silicone and duct tape also.
Seems that it has worked for others.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:31 AM
JK Junkie

Default after they adjusted the header for front door handle drips ! guess what?

still drips !ill have to fix this one myself too and to hell with chryslers so called warrenty ! theres no such thing if you ask me !
Old 11-22-2011, 12:18 PM
JK Newbie

Default chrysler woe's!!!!!

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
they want us for repeated customers???? lets get the headset straight , you get repeated customers buy spending a little more time how to fix problems before you put them out on the lot for consumers ! then yould say well they sure do take care of you and if somthing is faulty the thing called warrenty
is there , if thats what were paying for if leaks in roofs are goin on from 2007 ~ 2011 and were still at scratch ,,,, someone isnt doin there job out there!
ill be honest i was thinking of buying a rubicon as well at some point but if they cant take care of stuff right im going to put my money elsewhere not with chrysler! had to get that off my chest !! i feel better , temporary im sure !
I just bought a CPO 2011 jku Sahara in sept 29.........took it back oct 3...for a leaky roof !! at the b Pillars and A pillars!!!!.... they kept my "CPO" jeep for 24 days!!!!!!!!! for this same reason, I have never bought an American vehicle before, and chrysler has prooven what I have know for years!!!!! chrysler products are GARBAGE this will be the first and last time I ever buy from chrysler. and they gave me back the jeep with the carpet saturated with water!!!!!! and they didnt want to replace the carpet!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!! I have owned approximately 36 vehicles in my life time and have never gone thru what the jeep dealer put me thru!!!!!!!! and never had a car or truck that leaked straight from the showroom floor!!!!!! and to think, I gave up a brand new Evolution X for a fish tank!!!! go to croton park auto mall and search in their used inventory for a 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. that was mine............

Quick Reply: Any fix for a back bow soft top leak?