Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any dealers here? Door Screws broken - should be coverd by warranty?

Old 06-11-2008, 07:33 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Viperdave
most dealers would warranty that, since what you did was normal use and even covered in the owners manual
Just as Viperdave stated....and you can add in the part failed.....and should be covered under your bumper to bumper warranty.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally

Well, I just wanted to give you an update. I ended up talking to a service manager and he said he would fix it under warranty. He ordered parts and everything.

Long stroy short, it was done, but it took about a month to figure out the logistics. They fixed it under warranty. They did make a little scratch on the hinge, but I am willing to let it go.

I was just glad that I decided to talk to the manager. I think what is covered or not totally depends on who you talk to.

Anyway, I was happy that they fixed it under warranty.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JackMac4
same here...my nuts came off a long time ago. Wait, are we talking about doors or marriages?

Either way, the nuts are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2008, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

If your dealer is cool, then they will FIND a way to get it warranted. They get paid no matter what. Either from the customer or from the manufacturer. I once had a timing belt go out on a car around 55k miles and it bent the valves on the engine. The service manager was standing next to the service advisor and he told the advisor "sounds like the water pump seized, then busted your timing belt which bent your valves" I had powertrain left so Ford warranted it. I think it cost me $50 deductible. Of course I worked at the dealership back then washing cars, but still, they can get it done.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Jack
If your dealer is cool, then they will FIND a way to get it warranted. They get paid no matter what. Either from the customer or from the manufacturer. I once had a timing belt go out on a car around 55k miles and it bent the valves on the engine. The service manager was standing next to the service advisor and he told the advisor "sounds like the water pump seized, then busted your timing belt which bent your valves" I had powertrain left so Ford warranted it. I think it cost me $50 deductible. Of course I worked at the dealership back then washing cars, but still, they can get it done.
I love hearing stories like that! Good dealer!
Old 07-28-2008, 11:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Jeeps have doors?
Old 07-28-2008, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I personally would not even want the dealer to touch my rig for something like that. they can do more damage than what you already had. (as in scraping the paint job).
Old 07-28-2008, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Smelt_1
I personally would not even want the dealer to touch my rig for something like that. they can do more damage than what you already had. (as in scraping the paint job).
I felt the same way after they appeared that they didn't really know what they were doing. So I took pictures before the fix just in case. It did actually came back with a very small scratch on the hinge. It's like a half inch small scratch, so I am okay with it. It gets scratched anyway.

But I know exactly how you feel and I am sure not all the dealers are bad, but sounds like there are a few that are pretty bad.

Hopefully I don't have to go back to dealer or any shops for a long long time.

Quick Reply: Any dealers here? Door Screws broken - should be coverd by warranty?