Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Any Canadians having trouble with Canadian customs

Old 06-03-2011, 10:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any Canadians having trouble with Canadian customs

I live in Toronto and had a local tire shop place an order for 5 pro comp rims in mid April. The order arrived at Canadian customs 4 weeks ago. The smart people they are decided to release 3 of the 5 rims only

I was wondering if anyone else has had recent trouble with customs. The shop is checking in with customs frequently but doesn't know when the other 2 rims will arrive ? Any advice would be great...
Old 06-03-2011, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought from Discount Tire Direct. They precharge for all taxes and brokerage up front, no border suprises and delivered directly to you. Best prices I found, and that was 2 springs ago with a 93 cent dollar. I'd definatly deal with them again. That was with mounted 37s. Sorry I can't be more help.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've always picked up my tires (and other parts) in the US then pay duty at the border. I don't trust Cdn Border Patrol with shipping / releasing goods unless there is no way around it.

I always pay. Can't seem to find a way to smuggle 5 - 35" tires across the border in my vehicle...

Old 06-04-2011, 02:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never had a problem with anything at the border, and I order A LOT cross border.

...if some wonder why? It's because most Canadian retailers are thieves

Quick Reply: Any Canadians having trouble with Canadian customs