Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Another worthless dealership rant

Old 09-25-2011, 02:23 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went to a dealer in Auburn, Washington and the sales guy told me that I couldn't get an automatic with a soft top because the automatics went with the hardtops. We were actually driving in a 2012 manual trans hardtop at the time. Then he told me that we couldn't order a 2012 Jeep and I walked out. He had a "salesman of the month" plaque for Aug 11...
Old 09-25-2011, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Owners....

....are like extended family. It's nice to see that one can talk about on going problems. To the Jeep owners that replied, I did buy mine from South Point Dodge in Austin, Texas. And my experience with them was good, I may take the Rubi back to Austin and see what they can do for me.

Glad to hear that they except "Tread Lightly"..

Thank you
Old 11-02-2011, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New JKUR

It's been over a month since my last post:

First let me start by "Thanking" the individuals that recommended that I go back to South Point and talk to Newton.
"Thank you" -

I went to South Point and spoke with Newton - great person to talk to. I explained to him that I wanted to trade my 2010 Rubicon 2-dr for a 2012 JKUR. He spent a week looking for a JK with the options I wanted. After a week and no luck, he called and told me to give it a couple mores days and then plan B - order one. Which I was trying to avoid - the long 8 to 10 weeks wait (more like 10-12 weeks).

A couple days later - Newton called and said he had found one and we needed to discuss a few things. The JKUR he found had some options I really didn't want. But after careful consideration I pulled the trigger.

We worked out the deal and now I'm the proud onwer of a 2012.
Rubicon Unlimited
Bright white
Brown saddle leather interior
Hardtop
5-spd Auto
3.73 gears
Max Tow
Remote Start **
Heated Seats **

I know what your thinking, why the 3.73 - I wanted the 4.10 but with only 1100 miles on it I'm already getting 19.2 MPG.
Once I add the TF 2.5 lift and the 33's I should be getting better mileage.

Newton has re-newed my opinions about "salesmen" and "dealerships" for now.

Found a couple of early presents on/in my JKUR. They already mounted a set of locking lug nuts and I found a couple of grab handles in the glove box. Life is good.

Hope everyone has a great "Thanksgiving" - be safe and spend time with your friends and families.. and lets not forget our troops until they all come home..

Cheers

Quick Reply: Another worthless dealership rant