Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Another worthless dealership rant

Old 09-25-2011, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another worthless dealership rant

Hello All,

Thought I would rant on one of the local dealers – and I have no problem throwing this dealer under the bus.

Thursday the wife stopped off to see if they had any brochures (found out Saturday from the Sales Manager, they haven’t even started printing them) like he knows.

Wife wanted to show me an all white Unlimited Rubicon, anyway – we drove down and I had decided to find out what I could expect as a trade-in, so I made mention of what my intentions were.

A little background – I have :

2010 2-dr Rubicon – 6 spd – currently has 25100 miles
Options: Hardtop – 730N Nav – Pwr Conv Group – Deep Tint -

I went out on NADA and KBB to get trade-in values based on 26000 miles, since I’m still driving it.
The saleslady went out to get the VIN and information – came back and stated that the Rubi looked like it had just been pulled off the showroom floor.

KBB – trade-in $ 27000
Private party $ 30000

NADA – Clean- $ 25975
Rough - $ 23350

The manager took it for a drive, did his thing, and came back and told me - $ 24500 – it gets better.
No incentives for 2012 and NO MILITARY DISCOUNTS for 2012.

So, I’m here to tell everyone that if you’re looking to buy a Jeep in the New Braunfels, Texas area – stay away from BLUE BONNET JEEP.

On a side note: I did find out that for those interested - starting in October you will be able to get All Black Leather interior.

Thanks for reading and have a Great SUNDAY.
And for anyone interested in this JEEP - I'm selling it for $26500 - I'm going by KBB not NADA..
Old 09-25-2011, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I called blie bonnet jeep to see if they do the tread lightly and he said no. I was like oh okay bye. Then he said what are u trying to get and I said "a 2012 and I'm calling different dealers to see who does. I know ancira and ipac do and I have $6000 to put down." Then he said he can work with me. So then I tried to say "but ya'll..." Then he interrupted me with 2011 deals then I said "well do ya'll.." Then he interrupted me again so I raised my voice "SO THEN DO YA'LL DO THE TREAD LIGHT DISCOUNT?" ::silence:: "(with an attitude) yes we do...." "Ooohhb okay." So then he asked for my info and to talk to him when I go... Psh I didn't bother going. That place is shady. @$$holes
Old 09-25-2011, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Blue bonnet jeep* By the way I ended up going to one in McKinney Tx. That's a long story too. Don't go to Grapevine Chrysler Dodge Jeep either. If u want to stick in the area let me know. I know of a good dealer in San Antonio. He's not the best but willing to work.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I guess that helps... competition. Small town people seem more honest because everyone n the town knows them and knows where to find them lol
Old 09-25-2011, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TrainerJuice
I called blie bonnet jeep to see if they do the tread lightly and he said no. I was like oh okay bye. Then he said what are u trying to get and I said "a 2012 and I'm calling different dealers to see who does. I know ancira and ipac do and I have $6000 to put down." Then he said he can work with me. So then I tried to say "but ya'll..." Then he interrupted me with 2011 deals then I said "well do ya'll.." Then he interrupted me again so I raised my voice "SO THEN DO YA'LL DO THE TREAD LIGHT DISCOUNT?" ::silence:: "(with an attitude) yes we do...." "Ooohhb okay." So then he asked for my info and to talk to him when I go... Psh I didn't bother going. That place is shady. @$$holes
Just checked the "Tread Lightly" site and here's a quote from that page - "Take your Control Number, along with the letter you received in your membership package to any U.S. Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge dealership". The operative word here is "ANY". They have no business saying "NO".

Ill be so glad when I get my Rubi Unl so I won't have to deal with these A$$ holes anymore.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:50 AM
JK Freak

You should bypass the floor sales and call the fleet manager.....

Old 09-25-2011, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

You could always trade or sell it at a carmax. They generally give more than dealers as far as value...
Old 09-25-2011, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well the dealers don't have to use the discount. I read that somewhere. Carmax doesn't transfer the new 2012 to different carmaxes. I'm just glad I'm done with that crap lol good luck. I hope u find one that makes you smile every time u drive it.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got mine at SouthPoint Jeep in South Austin almost 4 months ago. Had no problem with the tread lightly discount Talk to Newton as he has a Jeep and knows what he's doing. The first guy I talked to had no clue what he was doing and I knew more about the Jeep than he did. Once I finally got with Newton, everything went smoothly for my special-order. Then I found out he's a member of my local Jeep club. Good luck.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
You could always trade or sell it at a carmax. They generally give more than dealers as far as value...
Not over my few times I've tried them in the past... they were same or worse. I don't waste my time trying carmax anymore.

Quick Reply: Another worthless dealership rant