Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Another reason why the JKU's are awesome.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Another reason why the JKU's are awesome.

Took the family to the drive-in last night. Pointed the rear toward the screen, back seats down, front seats as forward as possible, lift open, lots of blankets and pillows... so comfy. Plenty of room for the family (including the dog).

We went to Capital Drive In in San Jose. $11.50 for the entire family to see a movie.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by spartan99
Took the family to the drive-in last night. Pointed the rear toward the screen, back seats down, front seats as forward as possible, lift open, lots of blankets and pillows... so comfy. Plenty of room for the family (including the dog).

We went to Capital Drive In in San Jose. $11.50 for the entire family to see a movie.
Man that place is still open? Used to live up there and went to that one once...all the drive in theaters down in SD are long gone now...sucks!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Yep it's still open. I think the enclosed theater just closed. They still have the fleamarkets there.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love taking the family to the drive-in in the JK. I have a roof rack and inflate a mattress up there for the kids and bring my popcorn maker and set it up in the back so we don't have to pay the rediculous theatre prices. Kids have a great view and we get lots of compliments.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by scouter4life
I love taking the family to the drive-in in the JK. I have a roof rack and inflate a mattress up there for the kids and bring my popcorn maker and set it up in the back so we don't have to pay the rediculous theatre prices. Kids have a great view and we get lots of compliments.
The popcorn at our drive-in uses real butter so for me $6 for a giant tub with a free refill is worth it. Real buttered popcorn... oh man it just tastes like pure heaven. We bring our own drinks (hehe... ) and sometimes a pizza. Too bad there are so very few drive-ins left. It's a great time out and it's a real bargain.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
Man that place is still open? Used to live up there and went to that one once...all the drive in theaters down in SD are long gone now...sucks!
Santee still has a drive in out off of the 67. We take the kids there a couple times a year. And I agree with the OP very comfy with the JKU at the drive in.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:58 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do the same thing with my kids and wife at the Enderby Drive-in! Back the JKU in....lower the top, drop the seats , roll out the memory foam pad, sleeping bags, pillows and get snug as a bug & enjoy the show!
Old 12-02-2010, 11:03 AM
JK Junkie

The popcorn at our drive-in uses real butter so for me $6 for a giant tub with a free refill is worth it. Real buttered popcorn... oh man it just tastes like pure heaven. We bring our own drinks (hehe... ) and sometimes a pizza. Too bad there are so very few drive-ins left. It's a great time out and it's a real bargain.
I hear you, love movie theatre popcorn, that's why my wife got me a real popcorn machine, I can make it how I like it, and it's small enough to fit in the back and use a power converter to run it.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by scouter4life
I hear you, love movie theatre popcorn, that's why my wife got me a real popcorn machine, I can make it how I like it, and it's small enough to fit in the back and use a power converter to run it.
That's a cool idea. I have one as well. Perhaps next time we'll take it to the theater.

I'm usually not a fan of movie theater popcorn because they tend to use that fake butter that tastes like Mobil 1. Real butter though...

Quick Reply: Another reason why the JKU's are awesome.