Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Another reason to distrust dealerships.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Several months ago, I took my jeep in because the auto-down on the passengers window wasn't working. The dealorship told me it doesn't have auto-down on that side. I said I was pretty sure it did when I bought and they again said I was wrong. Last week I pushed the passengers window button a little harder, and low and behold, it went down all the way when I let go of the button. Same dealor also refused to fix my center console that doesn't lock, said my release bearing wasn't warranty at about 15000km, wouldn't replace a noisey belt at less than 5000km because the engine was dirty, and said my parking brake doesn't work because I go offroad. I got all my services done there until about 4 oil changes ago. Drove 2.5 hours to get there, and tried to have a good relationship with them. They will never touch my jeep again. I'm gonna try and new dealorship on the recomendation of a friend, but I plan to do as much myself as I can. Sure regretting buying the extended warranty now, especially after putting 46,000km on in a year and a half.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

These are reasons why people don't trust some dealers. Do they have that much work that they can afford to loose customers.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sometimes it makes me wish jeep was independently owned not by shitty Chrysler, or at least a better servicing dealership I never had a problem when I had my silverado even when warranty expired maybe because company didn't make dodge an always had to service vehicles

Quick Reply: Another reason to distrust dealerships.