Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Another Newbie Question: folding windshield down

Old 12-07-2011, 11:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You mean like this? 2 bolts and it's down on the YJ now with the front cage in place.
On my YJ and CJ5s before that you can see better trail riding and it feels better. Have yet to drop the JKs but give me time.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Blue Flu
You mean like this? 2 bolts and it's down on the YJ now with the front cage in place.
On my YJ and CJ5s before that you can see better trail riding and it feels better. Have yet to drop the JKs but give me time.
I find myself on techincal tree trails quite a bit. The last time out I was literally wading through low hanging evergreens everywhere. If my windshield was down my face would have been trashed. No joke
Old 12-07-2011, 11:16 AM
JK Newbie

We have the same problem here. On the trip this pic was taken we did a trail, you know the type still day light left lets do "one more", anyway had we not had the windshield down the frame and window would have gotten trashed on a tight squeeze. It rubbed all the way down the roll cage.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:25 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The windshield folding has become so complicated, it's almost pointless now. I am betting the next generation Wrangler comes out without that feature.... My old YJ was simple...
Old 12-07-2011, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by armycop
The windshield folding has become so complicated, it's almost pointless now. I am betting the next generation Wrangler comes out without that feature.... My old YJ was simple...
I highly doubt they would remove this feature. It is too much of a tradition to remove. It might become even more of a PITA but it will still be there. I have no plans of ever lowering my windshield as i see no benefit of it. But like others have said, maybe I would if it was a tad bit easier.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:42 PM
JK Newbie

I wonder how long till the safety nazis and fun police make it so the windshield won't fold and the doors are not easy to take off and the top no longer folds or comes off.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by armycop
Or make it simple again. Flip a latch, drop it down.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Definitely not something I would do for a couple reasons.

1). would be a PITA to put down... you would only be able to "enjoy" it for a little while then have to put it back up
2). If you actually drive on the road with it its dangerous
3). Whats the point?... I understand TRADITION and what not so I say keep the feature, but its not something I will be doing to my jeep
Old 12-07-2011, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OregonRubicon
No such thing as a dumb question? Check mine out.

Could you put your windshield down and wear a helmet around town?

People could definitely see the wave then.

Haha!
Yes, you can! I have seen it (in January!). Then again, I have also seen an elderly couple driving around in a giant motorized radio flyer wagon, complete with giant handle.... Don't put anything past an Alaskan!
Old 12-07-2011, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by l00py1211
Yes, you can! I have seen it (in January!). Then again, I have also seen an elderly couple driving around in a giant motorized radio flyer wagon, complete with giant handle.... Don't put anything past an Alaskan!
In case you thought i was kidding...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtXdHY5p-_M

Quick Reply: Another Newbie Question: folding windshield down