Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Am I the only 1 that prefers NO TINTED Glass Tops

Old 11-27-2006, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I the only 1 that prefers NO TINTED Glass Tops

Hello All,

Am I the only person that may prefer no Tints on my hard and soft tops on the JK? It is a no charge option on the Sahara and optional on the Rubi. When I asked my dealer if I can order my Sahara without tints they thought I was nuts. I think I would perfer it without but haven't seen any like that. I just feel that when the top will be down (4 door) it would look better when the windows are up on the two side doors.

Also, I am afraid of it being too dark at night time when reversing with either top on/up.

regards

Max
Old 11-27-2006, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

Default Side Door windows

Originally Posted by BeerMonkey
yes you are. just kidding, my rubi came with un-tinted hard and soft top windows, i have already had the hard top windows tinted and will order soft top ones for summer. im not sure im understanding you about the front windows being up. the door windows dont come tinted and it not a option cause its illegal in some states.
Hello,

I should hve been more clear. The full metal doors on the 4 door version. The side door windows would have the rear door glass tinted while the front not. Picture a side view with the top down and both the fron driver window and rrear driver window up. From front to back, not tinted, tinted, and no top. It would be like one tinted window in the middle showing. Plus as mentioned, is it not too dark? I had a volvo and found the rear glass too dark at night.

regads

Max
Old 11-27-2006, 01:05 PM
JK Super Freak

So during the times you have the top down, put the rear windows down too :p

As far as being "too" dark, Jeep can only make them as "dark" as the most restrictive state will allow them to be, which really is not that dark.

Certainly it is harder to see out of them at night than non tinted windows though.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:38 PM
JK Freak

Smile

Just for the record, the back window is not tinted either, I think, anyway when it is hot out you will wish you had the tinted window, especially with kids. Papabear
Old 11-27-2006, 06:51 PM
JK Freak

I have not found the tinted soft top windows to be too dark. I have no problems seeing out of them at night.

Bryan
Old 11-27-2006, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

The factory tint in the hardtop is just right, I have no vision problems at all.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:08 PM
JK Jedi Master

My JK came without tint. I made an appointment to have it done the first weekday that I had it. I got the darkest Texas will allow. I am planning on getting a steel bumper so I don't have to look behind me when backing up. lol
Old 11-27-2006, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I honestly never use the rear view. just the side mirrors. you can see so much with them and just a glance over your shoulder in this one. My rear window is tinted the same as the sides.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:19 PM
JK Jedi Master

I prefer clear, for offroading,,,, the tints sometimes hard to see...

but i like the look of limo black.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:42 AM
JK Super Freak

I would like to see the two front panels of the freedom top see thru. That would have been pretty sweet.

Quick Reply: Am I the only 1 that prefers NO TINTED Glass Tops