Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Am I getting taken?

Old 08-13-2009, 10:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the forum

The dealer may be holding out on price because of inventory. There probably aren't a lot of 09 Rubi's left so he thinks he can make more.

You could hold out for a 2010, but the price went up a little, I think.

There is a website that will show you the price of that exact jeep and all the ones nearby, it's not edmunds, Maybe someone will remember it.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FlameRed
Seeing that you are from San Jose.... I went to both Jeep dealers up there, Normandin and the one on Steven's Creek and I was not happy at either of them.

The Normandin salespeople insulted me and then lied. I told them I wanted the Rubicon and he wanted to know why a girl wanted a Rubicon and tried to get me to buy a Sahara, insisting that I was never going to take it off road (yeah, only every other weekend since I got it). When I pointed out that the Sahara doesn't come in Flame Red he lied and said it did. When we pointed out that in the brochue he was holding it even said that it didn't he said he could "make it happen." That is when we walked out of there.

Steven's creek was even worse, straight up crooks. They promised me that they could get ahold of the Jeep I wanted. We negociated, had everything drawn up. Agreed on a delivery date of 3 days from then and then he called me 2 hours before I was on my way there to tell me that "oops he wasn't able to get that Jeep" but that he did have a much more expensive one available for me. Considering that was the day that Chrysler was ending all of the promotions I was pissed to say the least.

Called up Derek at My Jeep in Salinas and they found the only Flame Red Hard Top Automatic Rubicon Unlimited left with CA emmissions in Oregon and got it for me with no shipping costs in two days and threw in a tow package for free. (I called Steven's Creek back to see why they didn't find that one and he said that he could get it for me for $1,600 shipping in about a month, ass.) He also beat both the lowest price that both other dealers offered on the Jeep and gave me 2x what the Steven's Creek offered on my trade in. I can't speak highly enough of this dealership, much more willing to make it happen than any of the other ones I went to.
Thanks for the input! Normandin has been extremely sketchy. They must think people are inherently dumb. They tried to convince me to finance over 84 months instead of 60. Saying I would be paying less overall even though it was 1.5% higher interest over a longer time period...

Quick Reply: Am I getting taken?