Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Am I getting a good deal???

Old 08-14-2008, 12:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

db1, Look here: http-mikepattonauto.com and use those prices to help you negotiate a better deal.

Originally Posted by directedby
i paid $29k for Unlimited RUBICON - Loaded with Mygig.
How is that? I got mine for $29K, loaded except :MYGIG, Auto, or side airbags and I paid $100 over triple net (flat dealer cost).

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 08-14-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by db1
I have worked out a deal with a local dealership here in CT. New '08 Unlimited X, automatic, 24S package, power convenience group, dual top, and they are adding the tow hitch. Out the door...tax, title, reg. and doc fees $29,9XX.

What do you think???
whats your tax rate?
what is the breakdown of the fees?

I got my Unlimited Sahara 3 months ago sticker was like 33k.. sale price after 750 rebate for customer loyalty I negotiated to 700 below invoice including the rebate
(dont know the exact price)
I have dual tops, mygig, side airbags, sahara, auto and remote start...my tax rate is 8.625 % no bank fee, no prep, no acquisition fee etc..plates and reg and inspection like 150...no junk fees.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like I overpaid for mine, but hell man it was love at first site so what're ya gonna do ya know? I couldn't hide my attraction to the thing. They had me. Nothin' I could do. I would've traded my right arm for it at that time.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by db1
I have worked out a deal with a local dealership here in CT. New '08 Unlimited X, automatic, 24S package, power convenience group, dual top, and they are adding the tow hitch. Out the door...tax, title, reg. and doc fees $29,9XX.

What do you think???
db1 i'm with the others. you're getting hosed. take ur time and find a better deal. i got an '08 sahara ultd for much less than that. ur not even getting both tops w/that price? walk away brother. tip, go to the dealership ready to buy either:

@ the end of the month
@ the end of a sales quarter
@ the end of a model year

at these times they are desperate to hit numbers and will move alot to get the vehicle off their lot. i may be preaching to the choir, but dealers PAY to have cars on their lots. the longer it sits, the more of a liability it is to them. also try and cruise by local dealers and see if the same vehicle is on the lot for a period of time. they'd be more than happy to offload it instead of it collecting dust and incurring a loss to them daily. good luck man. there's one out there for u, but don't that much for an X w/virtually nothing in it. don't let them rip u off! oh yeah, and when u get ur JK, WAVE DAMMIT!
Old 08-14-2008, 02:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bmbl_b
Paid $28,500 for my 08 X fully loaded with all but MyGig in Nebraska back in Dec 07
ouch.....that seems way too high..I got my rubi for that in 07
Old 08-14-2008, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

That lease thing is troubling to me -- why not just wait until the lease is over and then buy your JK? Paying $1500 to get out of a lease seems like a waste.
As far as your deal goes: if you're paying invoice or less (before other rebates) and it's the JK you want, then you're getting a good deal.

Quick Reply: Am I getting a good deal???