Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Am I getting a good deal???

Old 08-13-2008, 05:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Last December, I bought an Unlimited "X" 4X4X4 with auto, 24S, hard top, rear locker, electronic discos, satellite radio, power convien group, 17" wheels/tires,
tow package, PLUS the Jeep winch bumper, Warn 9000i winch and rock rails.
Total was about $29K OTD. Go back and offer them $25K and if they are still interested, don't settle for anything over $27K. I guess it all depends on how bad you want that particular Jeep. They assume that you want it really bad.
At this time of year, you should be able to get a good deal. $29K is not a good deal. To get the best price, you have to be ready to walk away from a bad deal. $29K is a bad deal. Good Luck.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:08 PM
JK Freak

db1 where in CT are you. I'm in MA. I may be able to give u the name of my salesmen. I paid like 17,500 for a base 2dr.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:11 PM
db1
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I have calculated my numbers correctly, the deal is about $500 under invoice, after I have to consider what I am rolling in from my other vehicle.

Is that not competitive? How much room do they really have to move???
Old 08-13-2008, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by db1
If I have calculated my numbers correctly, the deal is about $500 under invoice, after I have to consider what I am rolling in from my other vehicle.

Is that not competitive? How much room do they really have to move???
they will only move as far as they are desperate. What are the options on the vehicle?
Old 08-13-2008, 06:31 PM
db1
JK Enthusiast

There aren't any additional options beyond what I put in the original post. No side steps, no upgrade in speaker system.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

It sounds to me like you are arguing our opinions and you truly think it is a good deal. Maybe you owe more than you think on your trade, maybe you don't have perfect credit, maybe you really want that particular jeep. Whatever the reason, if you think it's a good deal, go for it and don't listen to what anyone says. Only you know how important having that jeep at that price is to you. Good luck in whatever your decision.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:53 PM
JK Newbie

Default I dont think so

Ok I am being lazy, and sitting on my butt looking at the local dealerships web site. With the options you mentioned that lists (here in NM) at $28400. Subtract the 500 dollar cash allowance and it comes to 27900. Tack back on your 2200 and that is 30100. My take is that your local dealership "giving you a deal" worth dollars. To me that is not a deal in this market at this time.

P.S. That price includes the hitch and sidesteps, a 650 dollar value!
Old 08-13-2008, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

Talking Msrp

What is the sticker price? Better yet, you can look up the VIN on Jeep.com (unless its an '09) and post the sticker on here so folks can see the options etc.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:12 PM
JK Freak

dude...like he said..it all comes down to your credit , your trade..and what ever else...I was in the same boat..I didn't think it was such a great deal getting a 2 door 07 rubi for 28 at the time..but..I wanted it...at the same time I could have gotten an X for 18
Old 08-13-2008, 08:47 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 07crawler
dude...like he said..it all comes down to your credit , your trade..and what ever else...I was in the same boat..I didn't think it was such a great deal getting a 2 door 07 rubi for 28 at the time..but..I wanted it...at the same time I could have gotten an X for 18
credit & trade? Credit only applies to finance, not to the price of the the vechile. Same thing with trade. When you start looking at the deal as a whole, you will loose the deal. Work each part of the deal individually. Work the price, then the options...all the while never saying you have a trade. Then go to the trade. After that you can start talking finance, but that is a whole different art form.

to the op, that deal is bad, I would walk away.

Quick Reply: Am I getting a good deal???