Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Am I crazy to trade in my F-150??

Old 10-28-2009, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm there... We're getting ready to finish our basement over Thanksgiving. I think I may go over to the dealership in the next couple weeks to order what I want. I need the truck for the basement. After that, it's good as gone!

I may have to run down to Quadratec for my lift and a roof rack for installation shortly after the purchase.

Jeff
Old 10-28-2009, 05:25 PM
jmc
JK Enthusiast

I traded my 01 GMC Sierra Z71 Extended Cab for my 2 door Sahara. My truck was paid off, which made the jeep payments really cheap, but I wish I would of kept the truck. Now I am looking at buying another truck but keeping the jeep this time.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If my truck was paid off, I would have kept it. A truck is always good to have around. However, it wasn't and I bought it used for below wholesale with 6k miles on it and I sold it for almost what I paid for it (19K miles later). Glad I sold it when I did, I sold it right before the bottom fell out for GM vehicles...
Old 10-29-2009, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

I traded in my Tahoe a few weeks ago and love the JK. I have an 18 month old and another due in 4 weeks and there's plenty of room for them. There's also more cargo space in the JK than my Tahoe - it had a third row of seats which limits cargo room unless you take them out.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:42 AM
JK Super Freak

As much as all of us can offer suggestions, none of us can really make that call because everyone is going to be different in what their ultimate needs for the vehicle will be.

That said

I had a F150 super cab. I miss the power, and road manners.
I miss some of the creature comforts.
I don't miss trying to park the damn thing.
I don't miss needing a 4 lane road practically to turn the thing around.

I have taken my Jeep places where I never would have thought of taking the F150.
Nothing beats a summer day with the top down.
I even have one checkout girl who always seems to want to help carry groceries to the Jeep (despite the fact it is two bags) because she comes out and drools......at the JEEP you dirty minded people.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:40 PM
JK Freak

I traided in an 05 Chevy Avaio (not sure on the spelling) I just couldn't do it any more.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went from a crew cab F150 to a crew cab Silverado to an Unlimited Jeep. Love the Jeep. Put 3k miles on it in the first week, on a road trip, with the wife and two kids (4 and 2).

Wife loves the Jeep more than I do. I do miss the power and some of the room, but thats it.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:03 AM
JK Freak

I went from a 2006 fully loaded Z-71 that was paid off and put my self in debt for an 09 Unlimited Rubicon. If I would have known I would have been this happy I would have sold it in 07 and done it then. I get out with the top and doors off and instantly my stress is gone and I am in my happy place. It doesn't matter if it is in stop and go traffic or on the trails. FYI, my 16 month old son laughs his head off on the trails he even loves it. We got one of those DVD players that hangs between the front seats and he can sit in there all day.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:16 AM
JK Newbie

A couple of years ago I sold the following:

- 2005 F-150 (paid off)
- 1998 TJ
- 16' car trailer

I added $4K cash to those proceeds and bought the following:

- 2007 JK Rubicon Unlimited (paid off)
- 8 x 10' utility trailer

No regrets at all - much easier to Jeep around with my two young kids in the JK. I highly recommend getting the utility trailer to make up for the lost hauling capacity...
Old 10-31-2009, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Test fit kids' seats in an Unlimited Sport today. Also, I took it for a test drive and had a great time. If I can get the #'s worked out for the Unlimited RUBICON, I'll be posting purchase pics shortly.

I will also be getting a utility trailer to make up for lost hauling. I'm thinking 5 x 8 or 10.

Jeff

Quick Reply: Am I crazy to trade in my F-150??