Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Am I crazy to trade in my F-150??

Old 10-28-2009, 12:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You won't be saving on gas!!
Old 10-28-2009, 05:14 AM
JK Freak

I went from a 98 F150 to the 08 JK Unlimited with no regrets. Suggest a Roof Rack with a Clam shell type carrier (on hard/top) for duffle bags and such for family trips. I have also found I can haul moderate loads of lumber,plywood,etc for short distances. Vactions usually involve 200 mi one way with Wife, two teens,one Golden Retreiver and 15 ft bass boat. No problem!
Old 10-28-2009, 05:39 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Atl JK
All Rubicons have 4.10 gears.
Tomorrow morning TORN and I are headed down to Sreamin' Lizard Customs so that he can have his Rubi regeared. After that, at least one JK Rubi will not have 4.10s. I know, you really meant all Rubi's come from the factory with 4.10s.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:42 AM
JK Freak

...and if you think its nice to drive around in now...just wait until summer when the top's down and the doors are off! I've had convertibles before but there's nothing like my Jeep in the summer!
Old 10-28-2009, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm in the same boat. Currently drive a 2003 Avalanche, but have always wanted a Wrangler. Was going to get a JK instead of the AV, but wife didn't like them. So, I bought an Avalanche. Shortly after, a friend of ours bought a used Wrangler for a 3rd vehicle "toy". About the same time, she noticed they made them in 4 doors. needless to say, she all of a sudden liked the JKs. Thanks Hon! So, after owning the AV for about 3 yrs, I really love it, but getting eprmission on the JK has me preparing to purchase one. I'm going to test drive one in a couple of weeks to make sure it is everything I have always thought it would be. After that, will see when I can pull the trigger on getting one. Plan to use it as a daily driver for a few years and then keep as 3rd vehicle. Will possibly go back to a fullsize pisckup or motor cycle for daily driver. Good luck with the decision.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I made the move from F-150's Owned 2, a '97 and an '05 with and an avalance in between. I still have the F-150's. Except my grandpa uses the '97. I'm glad I changed, I never drive the 05 anymore except when I need to tow something. The truck was nice, but not nearly as fun to drive as the jeep.

Only thing that holds me back is that I know that the jeep can't match the 400k miles the '97 has on the odometer.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:53 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by TMLoftis
I made the move from F-150's ...
Norman? Hah. If you see a 1998 pacific green with silver bottom trim F-150 with a tonneau cover running around down there--that's my old one. My son, who now has it, lives in Cate on the OU campus.

BTW: Keep an eye on the midwest sub-forum here on the forum. We've had a couple get-togethers the past couple months, including lunch one Sunday at Falcone's in MWC and a wheeling trip to Mr. Frieling's in Clayton, NM. One of the guys who went is from Norman. We've also wheeled Disney a few times, and some have made it out to Little Sahara. A number of us also hit Easter Jeep Safari in Moab.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

WENT FROM THIS:

TO THIS:

AND NEVER LOOKED BACK...... LOVE THE JK
Old 10-28-2009, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

i got rid of my FX4 crew cab and got my unlimited jk.............i'm lovin life.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:03 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Like so many others I dumped my Lifted Chevy 2500HD (titled the Beast by the kids) for my Rubicon Unlimted and never regretted the decision. We have three teenaged girls so if we could do it you can too...that said it's your decision dude but it sounds like you've convinced yourself in your write up and are just looking to get some support...would be funny to ask the same question on the Ford pu forum...I'm sure the responses would be much different!

Quick Reply: Am I crazy to trade in my F-150??