Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Am I Crazy? Line-X

Old 02-23-2012, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I Crazy? Line-X

So i'd imagine I will get some flack for this as I have gotten some from my friends. I have a Sahara Tan Unlimited and I am thinking about spraying the whole thing with Line-X. I love the color but its just getting so scratched up from the trails and on the sides where the top comes off. So my questions would be has anyone done this and if so could you post up some pics, I have seen the few on the internet but they don't do a really good job of showing detail.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:24 PM
JK Junkie

I got a quote the other day to do mine. I want the bumpers, fenders, and top done in Kevlar black and the rest in Kelvar white. They quoted me $4800. Have you gotten a quote yet? My buddy had his 85 Toyota done and it was really sweet. From a distance it looked painted when it was clean.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went down and talked to them and they said between 3-4. I didn't have the jeep with me so they said bring it down and we could talk about different ideas and then go from there. I'm looking at the Kevlar Black for the whole thing.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:37 PM
JK Freak

Thought about white with black bumpers and fenders...subscribed
Old 02-23-2012, 09:04 PM
JK Newbie

I wonder how much to do the inside? I haven't seen any pics of one already done?
Old 02-23-2012, 09:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jjDD...e_gdata_player

Not mine. Looks cool though.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:02 PM
JK Freak

I would say you are crazy just because that is a crazy chunk of change to spend on an 11' when you could instead just upgrade to the 12' with 40% more horsepower and better mileage.

That said - when they are VERY clean I am sure they look awesome. VERY CLEAN being the key point.

I have a black 09' - and to keep it looking respectably clean at least some of the time I am sure I have spent at least 100 hours cleaning the thing. Light colored clays and mud grabs on the slick paint like crazy, I can't IMAGINE how difficult it would be to clean off western Colorado clay on a regular basis on a textured surface. If you have to scrub it off by hand on paint, I question if you could get it off line-x with anything short of a rough brush and hours of elbow grease.

If you had a city driving JK that you are going to keep looking spotless, I would say go for it. But if you are on the trail all the time it is going to look like crap. Worse than the scratched up paint.

But your soils may be a lot different.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here in Miami I see many Jeeps fully line-xed and they look AWESOME! I am going to do it when I get the $.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

That tan looks good, Ive got my undercarriage done, but id really like to line x the body from under the side decal down. Like a rocker panel just to keep the road grime and sand from rusting through the paint, plus i think itd look bad ass
Old 02-24-2012, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

There is a place south of Dallas that quoted me $1500 for inside and out..

Quick Reply: Am I Crazy? Line-X