Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Almost got into a fight over the JK.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J2H
In my sedan days, if a lifted truck or jeep got behind me and lit my car up like a Christmas tree, I'd just adjust my mirror so the lights weren't in my eyes, that's it, and I'd just hope the vehicle turned soon.
same here,most rear veiw mirrors have the night and day switch,turn it to night and no problemo ,
Old 10-07-2008, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

You did the right thing in not getting into a fight. So not worth it over headlights.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

ccdjeep,

No ofense taken. I probably should have stated that only when absolutely necessary should you fight. Otherwise it's just not worth it.

I would agree that should anyones family or close ones be attacked or in harms way - well lets just say there comes a time when a lion has to protect his den. Anything and everything goes!
Old 10-07-2008, 10:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya man i learnd it a long time ago better to be a live pussy than a dead hero
Old 10-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Ben
JK Freak

Some dude got out of his car and started coming up to me yelling about cutting him off in traffic. I had top down doors off, So I totally freaked him out when I grabbed my baseball bat and jumped out and started running towards him. The look on his face was priceless as he was tripping over himself trying to get back in his car. I laughed and got back in my jeep. I thought later that I was glad he didn't shoot me or something.

Of course I would have shot back if I didn't die first or something.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ben
Some dude got out of his car and started coming up to me yelling about cutting him off in traffic. I had top down doors off, So I totally freaked him out when I grabbed my baseball bat and jumped out and started running towards him. The look on his face was priceless as he was tripping over himself trying to get back in his car. I laughed and got back in my jeep. I thought later that I was glad he didn't shoot me or something.

Of course I would have shot back if I didn't die first or something.
I was glad to see someone mention this...i myself carry a Golck 23 (.40 Cal) everyday as soon as i'm out of work it's by my side until i go back the next day. i would never hesitate to shoot someone if i had to but if ur gonna pull ur gun out over a traffic issue u better be sure ur ready to kill that person because they might pull theirs and shoot before you do!
Old 10-07-2008, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think a gun is nice for protection but you shouldn't need to pull it out for a traffic issue. It should never get that far. You should use your head and only use one when necessary.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:09 PM
JK Freak

I believe in owning guns. Its in our own constitution. I know several people that carry on a daily basis. and to imagine the restraint tey have to go thru, I give them major props. my buddy who carries all the time joked about the incident, but then said in real life he would have just laughed at the scene not done anything.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Ben
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeeps4me07
I think a gun is nice for protection but you shouldn't need to pull it out for a traffic issue. It should never get that far. You should use your head and only use one when necessary.
Agreed. The only way something like this warrants a gun is if the other guy is crazy enough to attack you.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Ben
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cyberbrain
I believe in owning guns. Its in our own constitution. I know several people that carry on a daily basis. and to imagine the restraint tey have to go thru, I give them major props. my buddy who carries all the time joked about the incident, but then said in real life he would have just laughed at the scene not done anything.
Yep no problem with killing someone if I have to, but man there is not much that is worth killing for. Basically preventing bodily harm to me or others is worth killing for, but few other things. I have always heard that sometimes just presence of a gun can de fuse a bad situation, but other times it can enflame it, the carrier has to be smart.

I carry all the time but I love to box and have to admit that I enjoy a good fight and don't mind getting my ass beat, so I am always that crazy guy who will usually defuse the situation just by "this mother F*cker is crazy, I ain't messing with him!"

Quick Reply: Almost got into a fight over the JK.