Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Almost got into a fight over the JK.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is involved with re-adjusting you headlights? I know that there is usually two screws to adjust but it looks like they are hard to get too. Anyone done this.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Never mind, I just found it on another thread.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:07 PM
JK Freak

Check out this thread:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/head-light-adjustment-40496/

You did the right thing by walking away, idiots like those are a dime a dozen and not worth the trouble

Rock on
Old 10-06-2008, 08:18 PM
JK Freak

Every one is saying you did the right thing by not fighting this guy????? You made the poor decision to even get of the Jeep and yell back at him...

Thats like saying "I voted for funding the iraq war before I voted against it". John Kerry 2004.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:17 AM
J2H
JK Enthusiast

In my sedan days, if a lifted truck or jeep got behind me and lit my car up like a Christmas tree, I'd just adjust my mirror so the lights weren't in my eyes, that's it, and I'd just hope the vehicle turned soon.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pagoda
Every one is saying you did the right thing by not fighting this guy????? You made the poor decision to even get of the Jeep and yell back at him...

Thats like saying "I voted for funding the iraq war before I voted against it". John Kerry 2004.
your right I should have just stayed in the jeep. but I was able to correct my actions before it went any farther. Hopefully the next time it happens I willl have my daylighters and hella's on, and then I can show him the light of god. Also in this town you never know what the other ass is gonna do.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Glad you came to your senses. I have always had a Truck or an SUV so I never had any light problems in my mirrors unless I was in front of a taller vehicle so I just knew what was happening and adjusted my mirror. Some people just don't think about the easy solution to the problems.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've been watching this thread for a little bit and will now proceed to get on my soapbox.

NEVER, EVER, EVER fight over anything. When you're in higschool, maybe. But as grown men it's never worth it.

I just lost a friend this past weekend very unexpectidly. 40 years old!

I have also had a co-worker out of town on business in a seedy part of a major city neighborhood (got turned around) while riding with 3 other co-workers. Young guy pulls up with music blasting and one of them made a joke inside of the car (windows up). Guess the guy was pissed at seeing them looking his way and laughing. Pulls a gun and lets one off in the passenger side door. My co-worker now has a permanent limp. VERY LUCKY TO ONLY HAVE THIS!!!!!

Guns are really not hard to come by guys! Treat every nutcase as if they have one under thier seat. I'm sure that you families would appreciate seeing you walk through the door at the end of the day.

Sorry if this came across as harsh but at the end of the day, nothing is more important than our loved ones.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BIGG
I've been watching this thread for a little bit and will now proceed to get on my soapbox.

NEVER, EVER, EVER fight over anything. When you're in higschool, maybe. But as grown men it's never worth it.

I have also had a co-worker out of town on business in a seedy part of a major city neighborhood (got turned around) while riding with 3 other co-workers. Young guy pulls up with music blasting and one of them made a joke inside of the car (windows up). Guess the guy was pissed at seeing them looking his way and laughing. Pulls a gun and lets one off in the passenger side door. My co-worker now has a permanent limp. VERY LUCKY TO ONLY HAVE THIS!!!!!

Guns are really not hard to come by guys! Treat every nutcase as if they have one under thier seat. I'm sure that you families would appreciate seeing you walk through the door at the end of the day.

Sorry if this came across as harsh but at the end of the day, nothing is more important than our loved ones.
I totally agree, there are plenty of Macho men pushing up daisies.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BIGG

Sad story I agree, but naw. Some things are worth fighting for. If somebody started to beat up my wife or family member or friend...or hell even my dog I'd be all over them in an instant. Or if they just decided they were gonna kick my ass. NOW if somebody took a baseball bat to my JEEP...i have insurance. I'd just call the cops and hightail it on that one.
Guns are easy to come by, I agree but its because of gangs, blackmarket ect. IF guns were outlawed then the only people that had them would be the outlaws. Don't know where you stand on that, just stating a fact.

But to say that you should never fight. There do regretfully come times when you have to. Hope you don't take this the wrong way cause I really do feel for your loss.

Quick Reply: Almost got into a fight over the JK.