Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Almost got into a fight over the JK.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had some jerkoff in a Ranger pull the same type of crap on my way to work Friday. He cut around me and then swerved back in 2 feet in front of my jeep. I kept that 2 foot distance for most of the next two miles, but just slightly to the left so that my RR bumper was right at the same level as his mirror. He flipped me the bird a few times and then pulled over. I was never so tempted to pull over myself, but decided I was too old to end up fighting on the side of the road. It really gave me a good flashback to my college job as a bouncer though...
Old 10-05-2008, 07:29 PM
JK Junkie

I don't see people here mentioning to turn their lights off

I have a 4" lift and 37s. and people in most SUVs think that my brights are on.
If I'm at a traffic light I turn them off and turn the fogs on. (respect people in front off you)

After that I leave a good distance and turn my headlights back on.

You know I have a dropped truck and I know what it feels like having an SUV behind you. It sucks you can't do anything about it but wait until you can switch lanes!
Old 10-05-2008, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Move to TX...our castle laws now include our cars. you can shoot fools who invade your castle, which now means your JK!
Old 10-05-2008, 09:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm puerto rican american (is that a double negative?) and I almost got into a fight today but also found a moment of clarity myself. It's been raining here in south Florida for a week so far and the streets in Lauderdale are flooded. I was taking a leisurely cruise around town when some dude starts yelling WTF asshole at me. So I, being rican and all, start getting all pissed off and fiery (thinking of cutting and shooting and whatnot; you know how we are) when I realize that this guy is pissed cause I made a wave driving down his street that sent water into his house. Not a Jeep wave mind you but a surfing wave. I was in 2nd gear with no clutch, gas, or brake pedals engaged (my favorite way to cruise around) and I must've been going 10 mph at most. I decided not to give F-ing this guy up another thought and laughed it off. Thanks for posting this so I could bitch a little. Peace! P.s. I'm not offended that the guy who wanted you to turn your lights down was Puerto Rican.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've never been in any bad road rage. Fighting with somebody over getting cut off or something similar is a waste of my time.

However, if I was ever to have something thrown at my vehicle (like I've heard about), an ass whipping may be in store for whoever thought it would be a good idea to throw something at my truck.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Widewing
About a week after I bought my JK, my brother stopped by with his youngest daughter (he's raising 3 girls as a single dad). He drives an '05 TJ Unlimited on the weekends. He was curious about the JK. He said he was going to Lowes to get a new Kitchen faucet assembly. I tossed him the keys.

Not being familiar with the JK and it being brand new, he was being careful and driving slow. A Ford pickup pulls up behind him and flashes the headlights. Now, my brother was doing 35 mph in a 30 zone. The pickup is riding about two feet off the Jeep's bumper and the driver flips the bird and waves his fist.

My brother waves to the nutjob to back off and stops the Jeep at a stop sign. The pickup races around the Jeep, stopping diagonally across the road in front of it, blocking my brother's path.

The driver gets out, reaches in the bed and pulls out a long-handled shovel. He turns and takes a step towards my Jeep.

What happened next was his life changing forever.

My brother is a Suffolk County Deputy Sheriff.

The pickup driver was disarmed, arrested and charged with menacing in the second degree, reckless endangerment in the second degree, driving with a suspended license and driving under the influence of alcohol. His truck was impounded as evidence.

Sometimes, just sometimes, assholes pick on the wrong guy.

My regards,

Widewing
Sounds like a Chappelle episode of "When Keepin' It Real Goes Wrong."
Old 10-05-2008, 09:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by justinstoffregen
So I, being rican and all, start getting all pissed off and fiery (thinking of cutting and shooting and whatnot; you know how we are)
Old 10-05-2008, 09:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by justinstoffregen
I'm puerto rican american (is that a double negative?) and I almost got into a fight today but also found a moment of clarity myself. It's been raining here in south Florida for a week so far and the streets in Lauderdale are flooded. I was taking a leisurely cruise around town when some dude starts yelling WTF asshole at me. So I, being rican and all, start getting all pissed off and fiery (thinking of cutting and shooting and whatnot; you know how we are) when I realize that this guy is pissed cause I made a wave driving down his street that sent water into his house. Not a Jeep wave mind you but a surfing wave. I was in 2nd gear with no clutch, gas, or brake pedals engaged (my favorite way to cruise around) and I must've been going 10 mph at most. I decided not to give F-ing this guy up another thought and laughed it off. Thanks for posting this so I could bitch a little. Peace! P.s. I'm not offended that the guy who wanted you to turn your lights down was Puerto Rican.

I am glad you are not offended. I know several ricans and they are great people. however this little shit was a wanna be thug and acting like it.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

i had a guy on my street brake check me, which just happens to be my pet peeve when i'm driving, because i had my fogs on. i usually only drive with the fogs cause i'm not trying to blind the person infront of me. after that i flicked on my daylighters to show him how i do blind assholes like him.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Very interesting stories. I think the best thing to do is try to ignore the idiots so the road rage doesn't escalate into something worse. It isn't worth injury or jail. Keep it cool friends.

Quick Reply: Almost got into a fight over the JK.