Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Almost got into a fight over the JK.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great story!
I agree 100% with staying in the car and not "flipping the bird" I was in the back seat of an old (80 something) K5 Blazer and my buddy flipped a car off on the free way as we were doing 85mph they decided to try to race us and changed lanes behind us for some reason clipping the back right side of the blazer. The smaller car they were in got wedged underneith and they spun us sideways. We ended up flipping 7 1/2 times is what a truck driver who was behind us told me. We almost went over the side of the bridge we were on as well witch was at least a 100 foot drop. Everyone walked away with minor injuries, I walked a way with scratches from the broken glass but nothing else. Never underestimate an old school lap belt! Or it could have been I blew a .20 at the hospital so I was pretty relaxed when we flipped. The guys in the car never stopped and later reported their car stolen.

I learned a lesson there that it is not always the driver and as drivers we have to control our passengers. I take it very seriously now when people in my car or Jeep mess with other drivers on the road.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

It amazes me how quick people are to loose their cool these days. It seems like everyone on the road is always flipping people the bird, pulling guns, throwing crap out of windows, etc. Its a shame that these high strung individuals dont use their energy on something productive....just my 2 cents.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:44 PM
JK Freak

There will always be assholes out there. They could be 16 to 90, it simply doesn't matter. Only thing that does matter is how you react to it. At one point he started to reach into the back seat like he was going for a rifle or something. That was about the only point I started to get worried about it, but I would like to think i would have had the mind to step on the gas and pin him in between 2 cars. I always says its better to be tried by 12 then carried by 6. yes I should have stayed in the car, but the hot headed side of me won for a few minutes. This is the reason I no longer carry my revolver. I know I will run into them again just because of the location. I drive past that section daily. however if it happens again I will simply call the police and say I think he has a gun.

What I found is that the majority of people causing problems is the younger punks out there. Now this is not a blanket statement or anything, cause there are good kids out there. But in this current generation, everyone thinks its kool to carry a gun just to have a gun. They think it brings fear and power, but it only brings on problems. Now I enjoy my guns, I am no where anti gun. Lord knows I have a Norinko SKS, a 1947 Mosin nagant (M44 model). and a taurus .357 8 shot cylinder and 7inch barrel. I am currently looking for a S&W MP40 or a 1911. Just the majority of kids these days are degenerates.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:16 PM
JK Super Freak

"An armed society is a polite society."
Old 10-05-2008, 04:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I repair cars for a living. You would be amazed at the number of people who carry small bats or clubs in their vehicle. This is an excellent way to get killed by someone with a pistol. The best thing to do in a street argument is to drive on, call the cops and live another day. I've had a carry permit for years and it's surprising how cold sober and objective you can be in a confrontation when you are armed. Your whole goal is to prevent any escalation of tempers to where lethal force might become involved. These hotheads would crap to know how many people they are flipping off and trying to run off the roads are armed. Always avoid confrontations on the road.....
Old 10-05-2008, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Man, good on you for walking away. I am not sure what I would have done in that situation. These stories make me want to get my conceal carry license. I of course would never want to escalate a situation, but you just have to wonder what some of these people are thinking.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:26 PM
JK Junkie

good decision
i must learn from your example
Old 10-05-2008, 05:29 PM
JK Newbie

My Father had a man run up on him with a bat (unprovoked) ready to strike on the bad side of Nashville...well that is most of the town...anyway he has a carry permit, and pulled the gun on the man before the he was close enough to swing the bat. As soon as he seen the gun he dropped the bat and ran. The gun saved my father in that situation.
The gun is the great equalizer!!
Old 10-05-2008, 05:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dude you need a pair of KC's! my long range 130 watt are likre 3 times brighter then my stock brights. that guy would have flipped his shit!
Old 10-05-2008, 06:27 PM
JK Super Freak

similar thing happened to me, i don't have a lift yet, but i was behind this girl in a tiny ass car, cant recall what it was but she kept motioning to me to turn off my highs, they were not on, got to a light and then she rolled down her window, screamed at me to turn them off, told her the wernt on, she pulled off before me continued to flip me off and motion for me to turn down my lights, so i turned my highs on and she pulled over and let me go .

hope she felt stupid after

Quick Reply: Almost got into a fight over the JK.