Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Almost got into a fight over the JK.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Widewing
About a week after I bought my JK, my brother stopped by with his youngest daughter (he's raising 3 girls as a single dad). He drives an '05 TJ Unlimited on the weekends. He was curious about the JK. He said he was going to Lowes to get a new Kitchen faucet assembly. I tossed him the keys.

Not being familiar with the JK and it being brand new, he was being careful and driving slow. A Ford pickup pulls up behind him and flashes the headlights. Now, my brother was doing 35 mph in a 30 zone. The pickup is riding about two feet off the Jeep's bumper and the driver flips the bird and waves his fist.

My brother waves to the nutjob to back off and stops the Jeep at a stop sign. The pickup races around the Jeep, stopping diagonally across the road in front of it, blocking my brother's path.

The driver gets out, reaches in the bed and pulls out a long-handled shovel. He turns and takes a step towards my Jeep.

What happened next was his life changing forever.

My brother is a Suffolk County Deputy Sheriff.

The pickup driver was disarmed, arrested and charged with menacing in the second degree, reckless endangerment in the second degree, driving with a suspended license and driving under the influence of alcohol. His truck was impounded as evidence.

Sometimes, just sometimes, assholes pick on the wrong guy.

My regards,

Widewing

Take that!
Old 10-05-2008, 08:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You did the right thing, but get those light adj. That sh*# don't happen in Az. people Carrie guns here.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

Here in the south we just shoot varment that are in the street like that....
Old 10-05-2008, 09:22 AM
JK Freak

I have read numerous times, that from a legal standpoint, should you be involved in a road rage alltercation you should never get out of your vehicle.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:27 AM
JK Super Freak

i get the same thing, people coming at me will flash their lights at me sayin turn my brights off, so i flash them back with my brights to let them know its my low beams. i tell you, this aint wirth fightin over, but if some one comes @ me with hostile intent, they better beware of texas conceil n carry
Old 10-05-2008, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CAOKKIE
I have read numerous times, that from a legal standpoint, should you be involved in a road rage alltercation you should never get out of your vehicle.
Yeah so very true! Better to just run the MF over.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:57 AM
JK Freak

my headlights are adjusted.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

hey man i get the same stuff, but in the middle of the day. i dont know why. i am just drivin from work and cars fly by me flipping me off. i wont tell anymore of the story because all you need to know is that i have a short temper. you are a better man then me for letting it go.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:34 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JonnyCub
hey man i get the same stuff, but in the middle of the day. i dont know why. i am just drivin from work and cars fly by me flipping me off. i wont tell anymore of the story because all you need to know is that i have a short temper. you are a better man then me for letting it go.
I agree......I NEVER flip the bird, and when somebody flips me off, well I don't know, it just sets me off. I had an old 55 Willys pickup (w/350 chev eng) as a kid, and one time this cab driver pulled out in front of me like he owned the road. I pulled up along side of him and told him to pull over. He just looked at me flipped me off like it was no big deal. I said "oh yea", backed off a bit and rammed his rear quarter panel. I know, I know it was the wrong thing to do, but boy did it feel good...!!!!
He was right to let it go, but as soon as that "rican" flipped me off, I don't know what I would have done. So many people seem to flip the bird now-a-days like it ain't nothin'. Well.......it's still somethin' to me...!!!
Old 10-05-2008, 12:39 PM
JK Freak

Anyone ever heard the saying or believe in (Often discretion is the better part of valor)?

Quick Reply: Almost got into a fight over the JK.