Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Almost got into a fight over the JK.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost got into a fight over the JK.

Now, let me start by saying I have a 4dr JK, 3" of lift and 35's. I do have my headlights aimed properly. and I wasn't driving like a jerk.

so this is how it went down.

I went to pick up my buddy in my old neighborhood. I am glad I moved out of there. After negotiating the tight streets with my rig we make it out. Then on a main road I ended up behind a red pontiac sun fire. I can clearly see my lights are hitting the interior of the tiny car. I made sure my brights wheren't on. there was a white female driving and her puerto rican boyfriend (no disrespect for anyone here). He constantly keeps looking at me and flipping me the bird. I was like WTF. i choose to ignore it. Everytime we changed lanes they changes lanes. So I was like oh well. So this asshole roles down his window and sitting on the door starts yelling at me to turn off my lights (its midnight) cause he can't see. once again I ignored him. So we get to a main interesection and he gets out of his car walking my way and threatening to kick my ass if I didn't turn of my brights. So I get out of the jeep and do some yelling of my own. I decide screw it, I said if you want to see my brights here they are, and flipped them on. I can see I easily nailed him in the eyes with my brights. Meanwhile he is yelling all kinds of crap calling me a pussy and I am a asshole and several other things. Now is when I have my momment of clarity. I start laughing and get back into the jeep. Its not worth fighting over freakin headlights. So he decides to be Mr. Big man and says thats what I thought you pussy. I just ignored him. He got back into the car, and then got out once more and called the police on me. He wrote down my tag number and everything. This is petty enough here in cleveland the cops wont even respond to it. and seeing from his reaction on the phone they probably hung up on him.

Cliffs:
1. Picked up my buddy from sketchy neighborhood
2. Get flipped the bird several times by ignorant asshole
3. Said ignorant asshole gets out of car threatening to kick my pussy ass if I didn't turn off my brights (where never on)
4. Had a momment of clarity and laughed, got back into cars
5. Ignorant ass supposedly called cops on me.
6. Never got looked at by any cop
7. Made it succesfully to my g/f's house for some happy time.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:51 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you should have called the cops on him immediately. He could be cited possibly for the following: menacing, reckless operation, impeding, unlawful detainment, and perhaps assault.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:51 AM
JK Freak

I think that there is a bug with the JK's.

Since last Summer, I have a 2.5 lift kit, and I noticed that other drivers are yelling at me about my lights.

Because we are higher, the angle of the "low" lights are dangerous for the other drivers. Lights have to be ajusted after a lift kit.

Sorry for your bad experience, assholes are everywhere...
Old 10-05-2008, 05:57 AM
Former Vendor

Regardless you did the right thing by letting it go.

I had a similar moment of clarity a few years ago. I was behind a couple in a car doing 5-10 mph in a 40 mph zone (no idea why). I ended up getting up close because of how slow they were going. I honked the horn. They didn't care. I wasn't really pissed at this point. Later we got out onto the highway and flipped each other the bird as we went different directions.

Weeks later he happened to see me and he confronted me. It escalated very quickly. I grabbed a jack handle (luckily instead of the Glock I had at the time) and started to go after him. A few threats to stay out of my way in the future and I walked away.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:59 AM
JK Freak

In this city I am used to it. all I know is he would have come at me, i would have put it into 4hi and just pushed his car out of the way. I think the JK could do it.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:03 AM
Former Vendor

I don't think you would have even needed 4 HI.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think you did the correct thing. Times has changed big time over the past few years. There are some crazy people out there. I remember just a few years ago you could pick up a hitch-hicker....nowdays it is unsafe to stop to assist what may appear to be a broken down car. I have seen people hurt/killed for things less dramatic than this incident. Your lights might be out of line since your lift but then again..this guy may be showing out for his female companion.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

About a month ago I witnessed the same sort of thing in downtown Chicago. The people in the front car got out with a baseball bat and started walking to the car behind them yelling threats. Luckily the light turned green and 50 cars started beeping for them to move so it ended right there.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

About a week after I bought my JK, my brother stopped by with his youngest daughter (he's raising 3 girls as a single dad). He drives an '05 TJ Unlimited on the weekends. He was curious about the JK. He said he was going to Lowes to get a new Kitchen faucet assembly. I tossed him the keys.

Not being familiar with the JK and it being brand new, he was being careful and driving slow. A Ford pickup pulls up behind him and flashes the headlights. Now, my brother was doing 35 mph in a 30 zone. The pickup is riding about two feet off the Jeep's bumper and the driver flips the bird and waves his fist.

My brother waves to the nutjob to back off and stops the Jeep at a stop sign. The pickup races around the Jeep, stopping diagonally across the road in front of it, blocking my brother's path.

The driver gets out, reaches in the bed and pulls out a long-handled shovel. He turns and takes a step towards my Jeep.

What happened next was his life changing forever.

My brother is a Suffolk County Deputy Sheriff.

The pickup driver was disarmed, arrested and charged with menacing in the second degree, reckless endangerment in the second degree, driving with a suspended license and driving under the influence of alcohol. His truck was impounded as evidence.

Sometimes, just sometimes, assholes pick on the wrong guy.

My regards,

Widewing
Old 10-05-2008, 08:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Widewing
About a week after I bought my JK, my brother stopped by with his youngest daughter (he's raising 3 girls as a single dad). He drives an '05 TJ Unlimited on the weekends. He was curious about the JK. He said he was going to Lowes to get a new Kitchen faucet assembly. I tossed him the keys.

Not being familiar with the JK and it being brand new, he was being careful and driving slow. A Ford pickup pulls up behind him and flashes the headlights. Now, my brother was doing 35 mph in a 30 zone. The pickup is riding about two feet off the Jeep's bumper and the driver flips the bird and waves his fist.

My brother waves to the nutjob to back off and stops the Jeep at a stop sign. The pickup races around the Jeep, stopping diagonally across the road in front of it, blocking my brother's path.

The driver gets out, reaches in the bed and pulls out a long-handled shovel. He turns and takes a step towards my Jeep.

What happened next was his life changing forever.

My brother is a Suffolk County Deputy Sheriff.

The pickup driver was disarmed, arrested and charged with menacing in the second degree, reckless endangerment in the second degree, driving with a suspended license and driving under the influence of alcohol. His truck was impounded as evidence.

Sometimes, just sometimes, assholes pick on the wrong guy.

My regards,

Widewing
What a great story.

Quick Reply: Almost got into a fight over the JK.