Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ally / Jeep financial SUCKS

Old 12-30-2011, 08:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's like a politician/ presidential candidate... They will tell you what ever you want to hear to sell you. Once they got your business, they do what ever the hell they want. If I had other loans through them, I'd immediately refinance just on principal and give a local credit union my business.

I actually just joined a credit union with the Mrs. and they gave her a 3.9% interest rate for 5 years on a used car that's 7 years old. I was getting 3.9% for a brand new jeep from ally... With perfect credit! Go figure, shitty service and a shitty interest rate. I guess it only a matter of time till they come looking for another bail out.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jvandy50
and ally has the commercials about how they treat customers so awesome!! liars!!

i tried to make it where they direct drafted extra every month, in order to pay my jk off early...or at least not be upside down in it...and those fawkers couldnt understand a word i said. and when they finally did get that i wanted more taken out, they said i'd have to call every single month to make sure it was done correctly! seroiusly???
I don't understand a word either...

I think what you're trying to say, you want to pay extra each month and have it applied to the principle. It is fairly complicated for banks to setup and auto-route an overpayment and apply it to the principle only. I requested this with Bank of America on a 5 year auto loan and it had to be programmed into the system... not an everyday request like they get for a 30 year mortgage loan. Their technical support looked into it and found it was impossible due to the way their bill-pay is designed for these type of loans. The system is setup so you can pay more, however it will get applied to the principle and interest as it would normally.

Bottom line is banks don't like early payoffs. If you can afford higher payments, just finance for a shorter term and save on the interest you'd pay.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:49 PM
JK Junkie

/\

They still suck!

Last edited by NH-JK; 12-30-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

I work for Ally, and must say that I am VERY dissappointed to hear about your experience. The offshore customer service compaints are no surprise to me (as is common with so many big corporation's nowadays), we are working to improve this in several areas. Please be aware that the majority of our employees are onshore here in the states, but we do some outsourcing. I can also tell you that Customer Experience was a HUGE part of Ally's focus and culture over the last year or so, and will continue to be.

I know this doesn't help with your poor experience and/or opinion. Just wanted to chime in that the customer service is actually much-improved from the past, but we realize we still have areas to improve!

I will certainly do my part to try and make things better. I'm about to finance my 2012 JKU with Ally.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:19 AM
JK Junkie

I appreciate your response, it's nice to see an employee with loyalty to Their company. You said that the customer service has I'm proved greatly, which is great, but it's also sad too because it's has been my experience that the customer service is non existent. I wish you the best with your 2012 and your financing. I gave ally a chance with $30k of my money and they completely let me down in every way possible, the one and only time through out my loan that I needed/ asked for assistance. I just can't over look how I was treated by them. No animosity towards you, you sound well spoken and down to earth ( I wish you took all my calls) but i'd be a fool to put my financial eggs in their jagged metal basket again. Thanks for your input though, again congrats on the new 2012. I can't wait to close on my house so I can get another JKU. Maybe you could forward some of our posts to your boss, when I asked for a supervisor, I mysteriously got hung up several times adding another 15 minutes to my cell phone bill. Thanks again, happy new year.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by m998dna

I don't understand a word either...

I think what you're trying to say, you want to pay extra each month and have it applied to the principle. It is fairly complicated for banks to setup and auto-route an overpayment and apply it to the principle only. I requested this with Bank of America on a 5 year auto loan and it had to be programmed into the system... not an everyday request like they get for a 30 year mortgage loan. Their technical support looked into it and found it was impossible due to the way their bill-pay is designed for these type of loans. The system is setup so you can pay more, however it will get applied to the principle and interest as it would normally.

Bottom line is banks don't like early payoffs. If you can afford higher payments, just finance for a shorter term and save on the interest you'd pay.

Uhh yeah, like I said, pay extra. I didn't want to finance for shorter terms just in case money was tight one month. I set all my loans(mortgage, student loans, jeep, bike) up to the max amount of months I'm allowed and I simply pay extra. I can't help it that this huge company that makes a lot off me in interest can't figure it out.

ALLY is the only one to have problems with this.

And again, the fact that they have commercials making fun of tactics they still use is too funny and terribly ironic
Old 12-31-2011, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

A Canadian coin makes you think it will take longer and be a hassle? Nice. Kinda like how the USA's economy reminds us Canadians of a toilet flushing.... Eye for an eye, right?
Old 12-31-2011, 08:19 AM
JK Super Freak

I paid off my wife's Commander just awhile ago and got my title within a week. No calls needed, no issues.

I actually had more issues with Wells Fargo dealer services. Those guys are stuck in the 19th century and take forever to get paperwork thru
Old 12-31-2011, 08:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default the titles come out of maryland chris !

i think a week sounds a bit exagerated but perhaps
where you have somthing to do with chrysler they didnt give the run around !

no calls needed ???? how did you get the payoff ! unless you just made all payments according to your agreement ! im talking payoff before term
i took loan and wanted payoff early , infact i decided not to pay any interest charges seeing i had the money ! why give it to the bank ! thats when the hassles arrived ! ill even add this in

when i got the title the envolope it came in wasnt even sealed anyone could have just turned the envolope over out goes the title into the wrong hands again !!! thats poor banking staff and measures!

wells fargo didnt go under gmac/ally two different names for covering thier @$$ purposes go ahead look into history of ally bank youl see the blanket of what thier future holds ! id be frightend to have a title in thier hands if they go south as other stated lol

i aint born yesterday !The company's U.S.-based auto finance products and services will transition from GMAC to Ally Financial on Aug. 23, 2010. The auto finance operations in Mexico and Canada will adopt the name Ally Credit on Aug. 16, 2010 and Aug. 23, 2010, respectively. There will be no change to current customer accounts or billing cycles. Ally's auto financing operations outside of North America will continue to operate under the GMAC brand as options for further use of the brand are evaluated

Last edited by jeepmojo; 12-31-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
i think a week sounds a bit exagerated but perhaps
where you have somthing to do with chrysler they didnt give the run around !

no calls needed ???? how did you get the payoff ! unless you just made all payments according to your agreement ! im talking payoff before term
i took loan and wanted payoff early , infact i decided not to pay any interest charges seeing i had the money ! why give it to the bank ! thats when the hassles arrived ! ill even add this in

when i got the title the envolope it came in wasnt even sealed anyone could have just turned the envolope over out goes the title into the wrong hands again !!! thats poor banking staff and measures!

wells fargo didnt go under gmac/ally two different names for covering thier @$$ purposes go ahead look into history of ally bank youl see the blanket of what thier future holds ! id be frightend to have a title in thier hands if they go south as other stated lol

i aint born yesterday !The company's U.S.-based auto finance products and services will transition from GMAC to Ally Financial on Aug. 23, 2010. The auto finance operations in Mexico and Canada will adopt the name Ally Credit on Aug. 16, 2010 and Aug. 23, 2010, respectively. There will be no change to current customer accounts or billing cycles. Ally's auto financing operations outside of North America will continue to operate under the GMAC brand as options for further use of the brand are evaluated
Don't think it mattered if I worked for Chrysler. They don't really care honestly lol. I meant I got the payoff amount and address over the phone but I didn't need to follow up with phone calls afterwards to bug them. The title was just in the mail a week later. No lie.

With Wells Fargo took over a month to release paperwork for another vehicle I used to own.

Quick Reply: Ally / Jeep financial SUCKS