Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ally / Jeep financial SUCKS

Old 12-30-2011, 05:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ally / Jeep financial SUCKS

Dealing with "Ally" Jeep financial has been a complete effing nightmare. No one can speak English, you get 20 different stories.... Constantly the calls would get "disconnected" They are the perfect example of corporate America not giving a shit about their customers.

I paid off my loan on Dec. 11th and they have just released my title for me to give to the new owner ( who is prob. Ready to kill me for making him wait) Does anyone else think this is excessive and unreasonably long to wait?

Never in all my life have I had to wait 20 days just for a title to ok'ed to be released. You would think I paid them with Canadian coins from a piggy bank. Avoid jeep financing / Ally financial if at all possible to avoid this nightmare.

Rant over, Apologies to Cobra69
Old 12-30-2011, 05:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NH-JK
Dealing with "Ally" Jeep financial has been a complete effing nightmare. No one can speak English, you get 20 different stories.... Constantly the calls would get "disconnected" They are the perfect example of corporate America not giving a shit about their customers.

I paid off my loan on Dec. 11th and they have just released my title for me to give to the new owner ( who is prob. Ready to kill me for making him wait) Does anyone else think this is excessive and unreasonably long to wait?

Never in all my life have I had to wait 20 days just for a title to ok'ed to be released. You would think I paid them with Canadian coins from a piggy bank. Avoid jeep financing / Ally financial if at all possible to avoid this nightmare.

Rant over, Apologies to Cobra69
They want a certified check to process in 2-3 days, or wait 15 days if you pay with a cashiers check. They don't accept wire transferes...

I'm going through this right now with my 2010 SRT8 ... never again will I finance through Ally.

Old 12-30-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ALLY can suck my #$%^&
Old 12-30-2011, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ally is heading south quickly. I work for gm financial and I hear so many horror stories about Ally nowadays. Soon they will no longer be a captive lender and I think that's really starting to take a toll on their business practices.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Riptide

HEY WE CANADIANS OBJECT TO THIS REFERENCE!!!
I thought about being offended but then I realized it was coins. I'd be pissed too.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ive thought of making this thread several times.

They dont speak english and half the time I have to ask to speak w/ someone else so I can understand them/they understand me.

They hang up on you when they transfer you.

The website is down frequently. Once I got online to pay my bill and the site was down. I was close to being late w/ my payment so I called them and they said ya no prob we can take your payment over the phone but we will charge you like $25 or something. Im like your sites down, so its your fault that I cant pay you. They said that there was nothing they could do. So I said you are going to charge me a fee to pay you? So I told them id wait for the site to be back up and they were like well it will be a few days and you will be late so you better do it now to which i told them to f off and let it be late and not a single f was giving that day.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya, they told me to pay them through wells Fargo... In $5000. Increments which had a fee, $30.00 a pop. Wich would have been fine if I only owed $5k. I paid them through my bank (Citizens Bank) a very large national bank.... That sent them the money directly. Then they say they have to hold it for a few days till it clears... Ok, then 20 days later they say ok, the title cleared...20 fucking days! WTF!!!! I'm so angry I'm shaking. It's just wrong how they treat people.

The non speaking English employes are an inconvenience but I tried to let them help me. I honesty could not understand them most of the time, I never ask for an English operator but I had to this time because there was a lot riding on the title, then the operators get angry and disconect you so they don't get in troubled.

I will never use them again, I'll go through a credit union. I'm sorry to see others have had the same issues.

Ps. No offense meant with the Canadian coin comment, in the states the canadian coin usually means it will take longer and be a hassle... No disrespect.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ps. No offense meant with the Canadian coin comment, in the states the canadian coin usually means it will take longer and be a hassle... No disrespect.
None taken. Just trying to lighten the mood what with all the crap you are dealing with. Hope it works out for you.

Cheers.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Ya, they told me to pay them through wells Fargo... In $5000. Increments which had a fee, $30.00 a pop. Wich would have been fine if I only owed $5k. I paid them through my bank (Citizens Bank) a very large national bank.... That sent them the money directly. Then they say they have to hold it for a few days till it clears... Ok, then 20 days later they say ok, the title cleared...20 fucking days! WTF!!!! I'm so angry I'm shaking. It's just wrong how they treat people.

The non speaking English employes are an inconvenience but I tried to let them help me. I honesty could not understand them most of the time, I never ask for an English operator but I had to this time because there was a lot riding on the title, then the operators get angry and disconect you so they don't get in troubled.

I will never use them again, I'll go through a credit union. I'm sorry to see others have had the same issues.

When we financed my wife's Jeep Liberty I had the option of going with them at 0% for 60 months or take the $2000.00 rebate and still finance with them at 3.9% or my local bank. I took the rebate and a 0.9% rate with my bank. I hated them when they were GMAC because of the way I was treated as a customer before the big bail out and merger. I can't imagine what it is like now...
Old 12-30-2011, 08:50 PM
JK Freak

and ally has the commercials about how they treat customers so awesome!! liars!!

i tried to make it where they direct drafted extra every month, in order to pay my jk off early...or at least not be upside down in it...and those fawkers couldnt understand a word i said. and when they finally did get that i wanted more taken out, they said i'd have to call every single month to make sure it was done correctly! seroiusly???

Quick Reply: Ally / Jeep financial SUCKS