Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

For all those who think "JK killed the Jeep wave"...

Old 11-24-2012, 03:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jk.bushwacker
yeah waving is for pu$$ies! lol wave or dont who cares.... i personally dont give 2 shitz about being a jeeper or fitting into this quaint lil jeep club. i do my own thing with my jeep, its a tool to me not a badge of honor, status symbol, club memebrship, icon, or any other lil gay lable you wanna attach to it. hey if we're not drinking buddies and i dont wave to you don't get mad okay, just get a life packed with friends so you dont have to worry so much about rejection from perfect strangers. i do wave but i hardly ever initiate one unless your on the same shity trail as me then you get a wave- jeep, truck, quad, motorcycle, skateboard whatever. lets kill the jeep wave, i honestly cant stand when a soccor mom or shinny chormed out mall crawlers on 26" rims is waving to me like were butt buds. were not and thats why some of us just dont wanna be seen waving to some loser we dont even know. crazy kids - get a life - flame on lil ones flame on....
If that's how you feel, why did you even open this thread? Start your own.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default The wave is alive!

I had a Jeep Cherokee wave the other day, of corse he was lifted up & with big tires looked like he just got off the trail ! I thought that was kinda cool! It's a family thing I guess.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MiJKguy
I had a Jeep Cherokee wave the other day, of corse he was lifted up & with big tires looked like he just got off the trail ! I thought that was kinda cool! It's a family thing I guess.
Same here. Happens everyday and its always the same dude.

Sent from the Hatewagon chop shop....
Old 11-24-2012, 06:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by zephoria
ok, so i am a yj driver but my wife drives a jk and we both use our jeeps AS JEEPS WERE INTENDED... to have fun in. i have know about the jeep wave since i was a kid and was looking forward to joining in when i bought my yj. i realize that this is my first post on this forum so my opinions will not be accepted as well as a seasoned forum user, i also realize that i, myself, am not a jk driver (even though i drive my wifes all the time and love it).

that being said i dont think that the problem lies with any jeep type, the problem lies within general society. when i was a kid i remember that everyone in my medium sized town (around 85k in the mid '80's) waved at each other on the road, whether you know the other person or not. now a days when i visit the small town my family is from (currently around 1000 people) no one waves. people just arent as friendly as they once were. i myself wave at EVERY jeep, i dont discriminate in the slightest (even liberty's). i also wave and usually give a thumbs up to people who drive cars i think are cool, like old hot rods and such. i did not read all of the posts on this thread but the few that i did read were not jeep-like in the slightest. i grew up believing that jeep owners were the friendliest people on the road, not only were they waving but i saw more jeep drivers helping stranded people on the side of the road than any other vehicle type. we need to take that back, there is a reason why our mascot is a grungy smiley face, its because we are happy we are alive, happy we own and drive a jeep, and want people to see how happy we are!

i also feel that my jeep is just as capable (when its running), just as good looking, and just as comfy as the jk's. we should be united, not divided.

happy waving!!!
Yeah. What he said. I couldn't have said it better. Read it again. We all need to.

Ol' Bob
Old 11-24-2012, 06:37 AM
JK Newbie

I think it's certainly a culture thing. I currenty live in Miami where there is a ton of Jeeps, especially JK's and most of them lifted, etc. Mine is lifted, etc., etc. and if I may say so, a very sweet looking Jeep. But here in Miami, NOBODY waves back! Now if I drive four hours north to my parents house in Ocala (central Florida), EVERYBODY waves. I guess it's a "southern" thing. Miami is not really "southern". It's more "banana republic".......I've owned seven Jeeps since 1979 and I think it's cool that we wave at each other. There's nothing wrong with people that share a mutual interest acknowledging each other. Obviously, those that don't wave back must believe they are driving "just another automobile".
Old 11-24-2012, 07:53 AM
JK Freak

The year, make, and model jeep don't matter JK did not kill the wave, its all up to the person driving the jeep. Jeeps don't wave ( but they do smile pretty ) the person behind the wheel waves.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:36 AM
JK Newbie

One of my daughters favorite things to do in the summer. Daddy lets take the top off and go for a ride and collect some waves.... Who could say no to that on a warm day...
Old 11-28-2012, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Winterwheeler
If that's how you feel, why did you even open this thread? Start your own.
wow okay buddy. its not that i dont like you guys or anything, i just didnt buy my jeep to wave at EVEYONE else in the world who bought a jeep too. I needed a tool to get me and my gear to places only a few have gone. so i got a jeep. not a new lifestyle. thanks but i already have one of those. maybe its because i'm an a$$hole or the fact that i see about 100 jeeps everyday-IDK but i believe the wave is not that important - so maybe some of those NON-JK owners who didnt wave, might have felt the same way... who cares?
Old 12-05-2012, 05:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was on the receiving end of a Jeep wave before I even became an owner. During my test drive a driver of JKU with what looked like thousands of dollars worth of mods waved as I got off the interstate to loop back around to the dealership.

It's been 48 hours of ownership and I've passed many jeeps and have waved at all, but I'm yet to get a response. Most of the JKU's have been driven by suburban moms who probably don't know a damn. Not to generalize all women, it's just that I live in a pretty snooty city where these types are the rule, not the exception.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like a case of JK envy!

Quick Reply: For all those who think "JK killed the Jeep wave"...