Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

For all those who think "JK killed the Jeep wave"...

Old 01-14-2010, 01:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in south Alabama and almost everyone waves back. Mini Vans, Bugs, John Deer....

North Florida is a different story though. 50/50 on the Jeepers.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:09 AM
JK Newbie

Default the jeep wave.

i just got my first jeep this year.always wanted one,FINALLY GOT IT.its a jk.LOVE IT.now where im at ive noticed the jeep wave is alive and kicking.,at afirst i thought it was just a fluke.but i wave and 85% of people wave back.its encouraging to see.so im still going to wave.who cares if they dont wave back.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Hey bud, I wave as often as I can when I am paying attention that is... Lol. Lately I have been a little broke to pay attention. I get that a lot too. Just don't get mad some people don't get the whole jeep thing. Have fun and hope to wave at ya sometime soon!
Old 03-29-2012, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

I wave to every Wrangler model, do I get a positive ratio of waves back... not usually; do I care? Nope, gonna keep doing it as it's part of the Jeep tradition as far as I am concerned.

And I think the problem with the Jeep wave is as another poster stated, that a lot of other Wrangler model owners just don't know about the wave. Also, considering the JK with it's 4 door models have appealed to a larger demographic, more "regular" daily driver people have purchased them who are not the "die-hard" Jeep fans some others of us are. Yeah it's a shame when other Wrangler's don't wave but oh well doesn't ruin my day.

That being said, I feel your pain on the JK getting the blame but in some ways that's somewhat true, not the whole story but a part of it.

I own 3 Jeeps ('77 Cherokee Cheif, '85 CJ7, and my '09 JK) so of course I understand the Jeep wave as I am a fanatic (some people would think to a fault )... So I do think it's unfair that the JK may get sole responsibility for "killing" the Jeep wave, when in some places it's still alive and well.

Have a buddy who has started the Jeep swerve or the hang out the window "wave" when we encounter each other on the road, probably not the safest thing ever but it's an adaptation...

How's that for a random, all over the place, Switzerland (middle of the ground) response!

Old 03-29-2012, 04:30 PM
JK Newbie

Default Hahaha !!

Start giving them the finger !!!!!
Old 03-29-2012, 04:42 PM
JK Freak

The wave is alive and well here around Central Arkansas.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where I live it's pretty much only people who drive modified Jeeps of any model are the only ones who wave. Even CJ's don't wave around here unless they are modified. Most around here are beach cruisers.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I always wave when I notice another Jeep.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think it's for two reasons. 1) They don't know about it. 2) They don't see you or they wave too late... No biggie. (Happens to me a lot) Keep it alive.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:00 PM
JK Newbie

Here in Lincoln Nebraska about 70% wave back. Yesterday I was schooled in how to wave with the top off by another Jeeper going the opposite direction on the highway, in fact I could hear him hollering as we passed. I started to wave over the steering wheel like I always do, but quickly changed up. The "Jeep wave" isn't dead, I think that the more a Jeep owner gets waved at the more likely they are to catch on, it's our responsibility to keep it going not the dealers. I don't get bent out of shape if someone doesn't wave back, no biggie, hopefully they saw it and will wave to the next guy or girl they pass. My kids and I wave to every wrangler, sometimes I get so caught up in looking for other Jeeps I stop paying attention to what I'm supposed to be doing... driving. My wife isn't a waver, but she'll learn. She went out the other day and counted 3 honks (with waves) 3 waves and when she got to the store 2 "nice Jeep"s. she is starting to get the bug, so will every one else if "wavers" are persistent.

Quick Reply: For all those who think "JK killed the Jeep wave"...