Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

For all those who think "JK killed the Jeep wave"...

Old 11-19-2009, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they don't wave, they should be shot!
The nerve of some people that drive older jeeps and can't wave to JK's.
What the duck is wrong with them?

Even my 4yr old in the back seat waves at other jeeps!
Old 11-19-2009, 11:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by UnlmtdJKRubi
I don't think the JK killed the Jeep wave. I think less folks actually wheel their Jeeps and don't associate with others Jeepers, hence they are clueless. We have a rather large 4WD club in my area and half are eager wavers and others not so much.

I don't care, there's not a trail they do that I can't do. If anything was a Jeep wave killer I think it was the YJ, check this out:

That is by far the stupidest concept Jeep ever came up with!!!! The front fender, running board, and rear fender are one continuous piece of huge plastic!!!! Imagine running that on the Rubicon!!!!
That model alone killed many kittens. That thing was horrid. That was just one model of the YJ, the wrong one. The YJ is a nice platform for leaf springs. YJ's are somewhat the red headed step child, they always will be.....square headlights!!!
Old 11-19-2009, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TommyG

Granted the JK is my first Jeep.....
To be perfectly fair..... who's to say that the CJ/YJ/TJ Driver passing you, isn't a First-Time-Owner as well? They may have just picked it up from the Dealer, and on their way home, and they pass this JK Jeep, and the Driver is waving frantically. Poor Driver may not have the slightest idea why the JK Driver is waving, or the fact that the other Jeep is a JK.

The other Driver may be absolutely clueless about the Jeep Wave. I know I was! The first wave I got after I got my JK, was from a gal in a Cherokee. At first, I thought she was fascinated by my magnificent 53 year old bod, with the belly and bald head. A few days later, when I found and started reading the Jeep Forums, I realized there was a "JEEP WAVE", and I started doing it myself. When my arm got tired from waving at anything that had "Jeep" on the grille, I cut back to waving at Wrangler's only. Texas has a LOT of Jeep's! Although I was quite excited about my new-found "JEEP WAVE", I was also depressed at the same time..... the gal in the Cherokee apparently WASN'T Waving at my 53 year old bod, after all!

Just keep waving, and don't give up! It's up to we JEEPER'S, to continue the Jeep Wave!

Cheers!

BB
Old 11-19-2009, 01:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

1. MY dealer told me about it, so kudos to them, they referred to the Wranglers as their Corvette in terms of brand allegiance and notoriety.

Further, I've been told that you aren't waving at the Jeep DRIVER, you are WAVING AT THE JEEP!!!

JEEPS don't wave back. sometimes people just don't wave at your Jeep for whatever reason, maybe they just don't like the color.

So make sure you wave at Parked Jeeps with no occupant too, they are bored and need attention.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:49 PM
JK Super Freak

A week or so back when we had the gorgeous weather and my last chance to take the top off for the year, I took a major snub from a heavily modded TJ (soft top, still on) while we were both waiting at an intersection.
He looked me square in the eye and gave me a sneer instead of a return wave.

Eat me, coque bite! See you on the trails!
Old 11-24-2009, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

It's the same in the motorcycle world, most riders but not all, will wave. Some HD riders will wave but many don't unless your on another HD.
Years ago Porsche owners would flash their headlamps at passing now if you flash your headlamps it goes mostly unoticed.

Ken G.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

i wave to all jeeps (minus liberty's) the jk's that get used like jeeps wave back, those that don't wave back are usualy giving they're kid a bottle in the back seat

i've had tj guys give me flack before, then i outwheeled them stock then the shut the heck up. i figure they're just mad b/c we can fit 35's with a 2.5 inch lift where they need 5 inches to do that
Old 11-25-2009, 02:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

it is a "JEEP THING" some people just don't get it. My girlfriend thinks I am crazy and always laughs at me when someone doesn't wave back.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:14 AM
JK Junkie

It's because you're from Jersey.

Kidding.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:20 PM
JK Freak

I see quite a few non wavers passing by, I think most of the people bought the jeep cuz they wanted a jeep and keep it stock until they trade back to a explorer, ETC.

they dont have a clue about the wave. and sometimes you can clearly see that after they pass by.
but I give the wave and the next jeep will wave at them eventually they will get the picture or not. but it is what it is.
Hey I'm in a JK wave back!!! LOL

Quick Reply: For all those who think "JK killed the Jeep wave"...