Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ah the heck with it.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gernick
Decided on the Sport S with the power convenience group, Sirius and infinity system. Waiting for a bonus check from work. Should get the ball rolling next friday. Can't wait. Thanks for all the info and advice.
go dude...summer's coming...hit the beach ...
Old 03-16-2011, 04:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Final stages of buying here folks. Got a question.....not too many dual tops in the sport s lineup around me. Thinking of going hard top first and then getting a soft top later on down the line. What sayest the collective? I've been thinking of going with the hard top lately for added security. I'll be leaving it at a friends for a week when we go on vacation later this year.

How hard is it to slap on the soft top gear?

2 door by the way.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Dont wait

They will be bitching about the new engine in 2012 all the same. Buy now one less year until the warranty runs out and you can mod the hell out of it.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

I'll be heading to the dealership to finalize this stuff tomorrow. Should have one in my driveway next week.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:52 AM
JK Freak

Final stages of buying here folks. Got a question.....not too many dual tops in the sport s lineup around me. Thinking of going hard top first and then getting a soft top later on down the line. What sayest the collective? I've been thinking of going with the hard top lately for added security. I'll be leaving it at a friends for a week when we go on vacation later this year.

How hard is it to slap on the soft top gear?

2 door by the way.
That's what I did. Went with the hard top on initial purchase and going to try to score a soft top on Craigslist later. Good luck with the purchase.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks. I've decided on the Hard Top for now. Like you said, I can get the soft top later.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks. I've decided on the Hard Top for now. Like you said, I can get the soft top later.
i also went hard top and i got my soft top on e-bay for 400 bucks. that was for my 2010 i have a 2011 now and the salesman said it would fit....i really hope he knew what he was talking about...i am a little afraid.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:07 AM
JK Newbie

oh and no it wasn't too hard to put on. also the soft top after market is a lot cheaper than the hard top.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:08 PM
JK Newbie

And it's home. 2011 Sport S in that crazy Mango Tango. Thanks for the info folks. Now I have to get used to driving something nearly half the size of my 2008 Ram.

Quick Reply: Ah the heck with it.