Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ah the heck with it.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernick
I think I'm going to end up getting myself an 11. I was going to hold out for a 12 but I'll miss most of the summer if I do that. I can always trade it in in a couple years. Hell. The world's going to end in a couple years anyhow, right?
Not a couple years, next year...we'll all be space dust. Seriously though, I'd wait to get a 2012. Yeah you'll miss the summer but you'll get that fancy new engine. You'll regret it if you don't. Plus if you buy one in late September/early October, you'll still get some warm days.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dr.gonzo
They ARE underpowered. The gears are changed to compensate for those "giant sized tires" you speak of so that the motor CAN "spin those doughnut tires". It's not that we don't understand the shortcomings of the 3.8, we just don't like it.

Edit: I said "WE don't like it". I shouldn't speak for anyone but myself. I don't like it. But I know I'm not alone
When was the last year that a powerful engine was put in any wrangler, tj, cj.........from 1941 to today? You guy with the underpowet engine make it sound like you were short changed. Really tell me what year there was a powerful engine?
Old 03-04-2011, 12:41 PM
JK Newbie

I'm not planning on lifting it, or crawling it or doing any serious mods. I just want a nice small 4x4 for western new york winters. Plus the added fun of a convertible in warm weather.

OH NOES! MAWLS CRAWLERZ!

I won't have the time to go driving hours away to hit some trails. That time will more then likely be spent on two wheels.

This will hold me off for a couple years. I've got a motorcycle I want to pay off and once thats done I might just jump to a nicer model. I also have to see if I can live with a 2 door or if I need a 4 door.

Hrmmmm. Doesn't seem like my dealer wants to move on price much though. That price I gave was a base model with sat radio. That's it. Trade in for the truck wasn't that great either. I'd like to deal with them though because they're service is phenomenal.

We'll see. Maybe they'll move some more. I'd like to get it in a couple weeks if I do.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Part of the appeal of a Jeep Wrangler for me is that they DON"T make significant changes from model year to year. The Jeep's classic, traditional design is a major plus. Unless you are well schooled on color availability and dash design, who can tell a 2007 from a 2011 as it drives by? Especially if you add after-market bumpers and bigger tires. A JK will always be a JK...if that makes any sense.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

It makes plenty of sense. You see a couple headlights in the dark ahead and you can pretty much tell its a jeep. YJ, TJ, JK. It's a Jeep.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by goaterguy

Huh? There is more than one summer a year?

I am a true believer of instant gratification and lack of sacrifice. I was going to wait for the pentastar, well after a few weeks of waiting, I got myself a 2010
Me too I made it about two moths! Bought a 2010 jku!!!!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:28 AM
JK Newbie

Base with satellite radio or S with infinity and power convenience group? The have fun kinda guy is thinking the latter but the cheap bastard inside says go for the base.

The dealer called me today and they're going to give me more for my trade. Sooooooo.....looks like it's a go.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a sport with power windows. Love it, get the power group and buy a used navigation head unit.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I talk a lot about hemi power and a supercharger, but in reality my jeep does just fine on 38's with the stock motor. I live in CA and drive the Sierra's on almost every run. I can pull nearly every grade in 5th gear with my 4-door. That is good enough.

Pull the trigger and enjoy your new JK!

Everyone talks about price, but be sure you get what you want. Saving a grand or two to settle on your vehicle isn't worth it if you plan on keeping the jeep. I've had my TJ since it was delivered to me in 99 (yes, I own both jeeps). Saving bucks to miss out out specific options wasn't worth it then and it's not worth it now. For example, I refused to settle on a JKU with full doors. I ordered mine with half doors. I could have saved 1-2K by getting full doors and adding 1/2 doors later. Sorry - not interested. Get what you want if you're buying new.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:36 AM
JK Newbie

Decided on the Sport S with the power convenience group, Sirius and infinity system. Waiting for a bonus check from work. Should get the ball rolling next friday. Can't wait. Thanks for all the info and advice.

Quick Reply: Ah the heck with it.